Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location of Hanover Street Mitchells

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of Hanover Street Mitchells

During conversation today, a question came up regarding the where abouts of the surviving Mitchels used in the film Hanover Street. I know this has been discussed here before, but Ive been unable to locate the thread with the search facility.

Of particular interest would be the surviving aircraft, with reference to their nose art names during the ferry over from the US.
    Those who can.....do,
    Those who can not.....teach (that's me!)

151632 Gorgeous George Ann / Thar She Blows B-25J-30NC 44-30925 N9494Z Brussels Air Museum
    151645 Marvellous Miriam B-25J-20NC 44-29366 N9115Z RAF Museum Hendon
    151790 Amazing Andrea B-25J-30NC 44-86701 N7681C Destroyed Hangar Fire
    151863 Big Bad Bonnie B-25J-30NC 44-86843 N9455Z Grissom Air Museum
    151724 Brendas Boys B-25J-20NC 44-29121 N86427 Museo del Aire, Madrid, Spain

There you go......all from memory

Comment

Originally posted by Propstrike View Post
      151632 Gorgeous George Ann / Thar She Blows B-25J-30NC 44-30925 N9494Z Brussels Air Museum
      151645 Marvellous Miriam B-25J-20NC 44-29366 N9115Z RAF Museum Hendon
      151790 Amazing Andrea B-25J-30NC 44-86701 N7681C Destroyed Hangar Fire
      151863 Big Bad Bonnie B-25J-30NC 44-86843 N9455Z Grissom Air Museum
      151724 Brendas Boys B-25J-20NC 44-29121 N86427 Museo del Aire, Madrid, Spain

There you go......all from memory
      Wow such an answer in only 5 minutes. When will you demontrate your skills at Mastermind or the Weakest Link?
      Possunt quia posse videntur (They can because they think they can; motto RAF 19 Squadron)

tracesofwar.com/

Comment

5 minutes

Comment

Propstrike,
          WOW. FIVE minutes. One of the fastest responses Ive ever seen

Thank you so much. Now I can tell the co-pilot of Marvellous Miriam where his aircraft is located. Im sure he will go over there and pat her!
          Those who can.....do,

Comment

What I meant was I remembered to look on Wiki..

Comment

Sometimes I feel stupid, other times I feel REALLY stupid
              To my defence I must say I tried to google Apparently using the wrong search words
              Those who can.....do,

Comment

Worry not, I am always happy to chip in with any thread on this movie.

It was filmed just 4 miles over the hill from my house, and when I was 13, it was the highlight of my year. We knew they were coming very soon, and then one afternoon I got a phone call from my school-chum, who held his phone out of the front door so I could hear five Mitchells blasting over his house on short finals to Bovingdon!

For anyone who might not be aware the 'Mitchells Do Fly In IMC'' film documentary is posted ( in parts ) on YouTube.

Comment

Big Bad Bonnie

Big Bad Bonnie's at Chino with Dave Tallichet's collection isn't it?

( and I've just checked with Wikipedia which agrees!)

Tony Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by Propstrike View Post
                    For anyone who might not be aware the 'Mitchells Do Fly In IMC'' film documentary is posted ( in parts ) on YouTube.
                    Thanks for the heads up.
                    Sadly the final part is not available in my country.
                    Cheers
                    ...chris

Comment

Big bad Bonnie

Who was it that owned/operated Bonnie in the UK in the 1980s? was it Jeff Hawkes? I remember its UK display career ended when it blew an engine & was left grounded on a French airfield.
                      Myford

Comment

Originally posted by myford View Post
                        Who was it that owned/operated Bonnie in the UK in the 1980s? was it Jeff Hawkes? I remember its UK display career ended when it blew an engine & was left grounded on a French airfield.
                        Myford
                        Hawke was involved, as well as a guy named Rodney Small who also operated a Dove/ Devon.

T J
                        "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!!!"

Jules Winnfield 1994

Comment

For anyone interested I still have a few copies left of the DVD I made of the original video shown on channel 4, B25 Mitchells do fly in IMC... when this subject first appeared on here some years ago. Just PM me your address.
                          ...rad shutters auto.

Comment

A fun day out.

Mark

"...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney"

Comment

I was just thumbing through an old issue of Flypast, and found Tony Howarth's ad for "Mitchells do fly in IMC". There is also an offer for T-shirts at 4.00. Did anyone actually buy them?

T J
                              "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!!!"

Jules Winnfield 1994

Comment

Originally posted by T J Johansen View Post
                                There is also an offer for T-shirts at 4.00. Did anyone actually buy them?

T J

Buy them ?

I have worn nothing else since 1984 ( and I bought just one )

Comment

The seldom- seen Hanover Street is scheduled for broadcast on Tue 15th May on Film 4 at 11.00 .

Not a terrible film, but the flying content is unimaginative. However, it spawned the brilliant '' ( name of bomber ) Do Fly In IMC'' documentary, which incidentally is still up on You Tube ( it normally gets taken down swiftly) because it is more obscurely listed under the name of one of the well-known pilots ! Can't say more than that......

Comment

Just watched Hannover Street and the B25 documentary and enjoyed them both.

The contrast between the boys own, daring do Hawkes and the safety first conservative Talichett was very evident in the documentary.
                                    Do you think the airshow scene is better or worse now that the likes of Jeff Hawkes are no longer with us and we have all the regulations?

Comment

Why not ask this question of the widows and orphans of Don Bullock's A26 display?

Moggy
                                      "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

Succinct Moggy, a fair point.

Comment

Working...
                                        X