Planning Disaster - Act Now!!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

This may well have affect on what little remains of airfields/buildings there are in this country.
Hawkinge is an example of what they want to do - though they seem to be intent on removing any voice of protest you may presently have.

What's happening to planning?
The Government is planning a radical shake up of the planning system. It will favour big business by slashing the rights of local people to have a say about decisions which could wreck their environment.

Go to www.planningdisaster.co.uk and download a letter to Tony Blair before it is too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have until March 18th to write!

Stand up and be heard.......

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Planning Disaster - Act Now!!

already done Bob, thanks for the links
Tony

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ditto....in the post tommorrow! (And my dog will thank you as she will get another walk this week past the post box!!!)

Seriously, along with the issue Tony has raised about our fallen war heroes, this is a VERY important issue.

A chap I know who lives near Hawkinge ran out to his idiot mp who was in the street on walkabout and who is supporting the Hawkinge housing blight and gave him an Iron Cross 2nd class for completing what the Luftwaffe had failed to do to Hawkinge in 1940!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks guys - this is more important than I think a lot of folk realise. It's almost a new Battle for Britain..........

Member for

24 years 2 months

Less than 8 days to get your letter of objection in the post about this change to the planning system.
I'm a little disappointed it has only had 2 replies and only 36 views.
If Cambridgeshire District Council decided to build houses on Duxford airfield, or demolish the buildings on the Officers Mess site, then I could hear the cries of outrage from here.
If this underhand change goes through then it may happen and your voice would not be allowed to be heard.
Having used my right to object to schemes I felt strongly about I know how strong a united front can be. Letters of objection WORK.
This right is at risk of being removed forever!

Please don't just read this and think, "it doesn't matter".
You could be affected next.

Just a reminder:-
What's happening to planning?
The Government is planning a radical shake up of the planning system. It will favour big business by slashing the rights of local people to have a say about decisions which could wreck their environment.

Go to www.planningdisaster.co.uk and download a letter to Tony Blair before it is too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have until March 18th to write!

Bob

Member for

24 years 2 months

"Demolish the buildings on the Officers Mess site"...HA! They would have to get past me first ;)

And don't be disheartened Bob...there are some of us who have taken note already even if we haven't replied to this post :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

I can see the headlines now :-

[h1]Stand Off at Duxford Continues[/h1]

After 6 weeks of failed attempts by Council officials, baliffs, Police and the SAS the lone protestor, who will only be identified as "Ashley", is still holding out against plans to redevelop the Officers Mess site of Duxford and turn it into a out of town shopping precinct. The authorities thought that their offer for unlimited Spitfire polishing opportunities had been accepted by "Ashley" if she ended her occupation, but they fear she may have been influenced by members of 'The Forum', a shadowy organisation operating over the internet..................

:7

Member for

24 years 2 months

I like it Bob...I can just see myself barricaded in the old NAAFI...with you guys as my reinforcements...

"We will fight them on the parade ground...we will fight them on the sports field...but we will never surrender" ;)