Spitfire MJ271....or MH424

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 3 months

Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me to the current status of this aircraft please? It was at Duxford in 2006 wearing RNethAF markings, having arrived from a Dutch museum.

Regards
C6

Original post

Member for

19 years 3 months

Thanks Martin. Anything more up to date....calling Rhoobarb!

C6

Member for

20 years 10 months

Kurt

Waiting In line with all the other projects

Most of the work is on SL633 at present

All in good time.....

Bwb

Member for

17 years 7 months

During the eighties when I saw this aircraft for the first time, then at Schiphol Aviodrome, there was a sign in front of the aircraft as well as sections of the wingspar. The text mentioned among other things that this aircraft would never fly again due to corrosion.

Some 25 years later things will change and another sign should be put next to her with an amended text:D:p
Be kind to her Mr Bos
Cheers

Cees

Member for

17 years

So would it be to much to ask - how near to flight is SL633 ??
and fishing a bit more it's all gone a tad quiet with P9374, put on hold ?? or any news on this beastie ??

Member for

19 years

Thanks Martin. Anything more up to date....calling Rhoobarb!

C6

Wassat....ZZzzzzz!

Er, its in storage on site at the moment and I believe it is available for rebuilding if you're feeling flush ;) Very complete example, blah blah.. couple of owners, only flown (in the past) on dry days, dodgy paintjob but nice trinkets, comes complete with wings! I believe the tailplane of the real MH424 is airworthy at Duxford fitted to an ex CC example...
Actually BWB the thrust is spread between SL633 and the wings for G-MKIA, you need to get out more often:p

Member for

20 years 7 months

Popped into Duxford today and she is still sitting there looking a bit unloved,i wondered if there were any plans to return her to a better state.

Member for

24 years 3 months

This was it last October in H3 -
http://www.pbase.com/pixel_eye/image/160878878/original.jpg