Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Race Board Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vintav
    Vintav
    • May 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	294F5054-EBC4-4182-AF08-6A37873B5884.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	3850207
    Hi Mark, I have one of those air race drinks trays. Very hard to photograph but at an angle shows the embossing shows. Ive only seen three in the last decade. Yours is one of them and the other two might be the same one seen for sale twice. Good to know theres others out there.
    i dont have any board games but lots of Aussie golden age stuff in my hoardings.
    Regrads, Stephen.
    Last edited by Vintav; 8th February 2019, 14:32.

Comment

• Vintav
      Vintav
      • May 2013

Heres another related to the race. Looks like he had a few wines on the night!
      Stephen.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Mark_pilkington
        Rank 9999 Registered User
        • Jun 2004

Stephen, that's a great piece, perhaps the invitation to the dinner became his name plate and drink coaster at the table.

In regards to the tray, I have one, you have one, the Museum of Victoria have one (from the same second hand store mine came from), and more recently a 4th one was on Ebay, and there is another shown online from a previous auction house sale, so that makes 5 surviving.

Regards

Mark Pilkington
        "Never has a Country so Big!, owed so Much!, to those who Flew!"

Comment

• WebPilot
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2000

Click image for larger version  Name:	Waddingtons-Air-Charter-Air-Cargo-Trading-Game_294_290_42V9I.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.2 KB ID:	3852254

Slightly off topic, but I had this air themed board game. You "flew" a plastic aircraft that looked nothing like a DC3 around the map picking up cargo and competing for money, trading off fuel for cargo and jockeying for position on approach. It was less exciting than it sounds... :-)
          Last edited by WebPilot; 21st February 2019, 12:03.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
          X