Marinell at Fowlmere

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 7 months

Maurice brought Marinell to Fowlmere today. Weather was naff on arrival, but the sun came out eventually. Janie, the Stearman, The Harvard and BBD also made the trip. Fantastic to see the a/c up close and was lucky enough to get a flight in a Piper whilst there...happy days!

Shabby
www.55th.org
www.station131.co.uk

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

very good day. Nice to see your pics.

Member for

16 years 9 months

It was by private invitation only to attend and what a superb day . It was the first time in 64 years that a P-51 in 339th Fighter Group markings had touched down again at Fowlmere. The sight and sound of 3 Mustangs in the Fowlmere circuit must have pleased a few of the ghosts ! and I met some very nice knowledgable people . Thank you Maurice Hammond and Rob Davies and Martin the landlord for making it a very special day as donations for refreshments went to the Breast Cancer Fund.
Incidentally saw the Sally B climb out of Duxford on air-test ,hope all goes well and a C-47 and F-86 .

Member for

19 years

Taken from the Tank Bank at Duxford with my 70-300mm SSM G lens so a bit of a heavy crop.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/penpusher/01%20Duxford%202009/Duxford%2015Aug09/CC.jpg

Brian