Halifax Cockpit Project

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 6 months

Hi all,

I was asked to put up a new thread dedicated to the Halifax by several forumites, well here's the first pic.
Frame five well underway (that's my mate Lex I am working together with on this project). I will update this thread every now and then when there is something new to report.

Cheers

Cees

Attachments
Original post

Member for

16 years 7 months

Really Nice Job Cees,the more pics the better !!..are you looking out for anything for it at the mo ?

Member for

17 years 6 months

Hi Martin,

I am in the fortunate position that there is one item left but that''s being made in the UK as we speak which is the fuel selecter handles which are to be fitted in the top of frame 7 (see the square hole of frame 7 in the background), although the flight engineers seat that recentley turned up in Sweden (and of which Papa Lima provided those great photographs) would really complete the fitting out of the finished cockpit (but I do have a drawing).

Cheers

Cees

Member for

16 years 7 months

A DRAWING !!!!!.....LUXURY !!

Member for

18 years 3 months

Bout time Cees!

Member for

20 years 9 months

I am in the fortunate position that there is one item left but that''s being made in the UK as we speak which is the fuel selecter handles

:eek:, you've found the throttle box you've been after for years and years and years and years and years etc, etc?

Looking good, my friend!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well done Cees

It looks truely excellent. I found that brake valve you were after - do you still need it?

Cheers

Member for

17 years 6 months

Hi Elliott,

Yes, forgot about that one too, I still need it,

You have a pm

Cheers

Cees

Member for

17 years 6 months

:eek:, you've found the throttle box you've been after for years and years and years and years and years etc, etc?

Looking good, my friend!

Tony,

Dear, dear, dear Tony, don't you ever look in the other threads other
than Lancaster? In the cockpit section thread all is revealed.:D

Sorry for the delay Stuart:o

Cheers

Cees

Member for

20 years 9 months

Dear, dear, dear Tony, don't you ever look in the other threads other than Lancaster?

Of course I do, there's the Whitley Project, oh and the Stirling Project:diablo:

Multitasking I think they call it!;)

Looking forward to following yours with a slightly bemused interest!:D

Oh by the way, I've just revived the "Post your Halifax photos" thread especially for you:eek:

Member for

17 years 6 months

Thanks Tony,

Here's a pic of the black box with sticks protruding from it, in case you missed it.:D

Cees

Attachments

Member for

20 years 9 months

That I did (now holding my head in shame):o

Member for

17 years 6 months

One more pic showing the underside of the pilots chassis, pity that when fitted it cannot be seen, I intend to put a mirror underneath so visitors can see the beautiful construction.
Cheers

Cees

Attachments

Member for

17 years 6 months

Another pic showing the engine control box.

Cheers

Cees

Attachments

Member for

17 years 6 months

And the engine control duct to be fitted next to the pilots chassis and on top of that is (from the left) the hydraulic console, the elevator trimming wheel and indicator and to the right the throttlebox pedestal. The black spars in the back are from Junkers 52's

Cheers

Ceex

Attachments

Member for

17 years 6 months

This pic shows the engine control box inside PN323, here are two hydraulic couplings fitted that operate the bombdoors and undercarriage. AFAIK they are operated by push pull rods using the levers in the hydraulic console (see earlier pic) and open and close a circut. I am looking for any of these couplings, are these still available? No drawings this time but the cockpit of PN323 is excellent reference material.

Cheers

Cees

Attachments

Member for

17 years 6 months

Ok, one more progress pic of frame 7 being made. Without the detailed drawings this would not have been possible.
cheers

Cees

Attachments

Member for

17 years 6 months

What's the use of a seperate thread when nobody bothers to take a look at the posted photographs.:dev2:

Cees

Member for

18 years 3 months

How do you know no one is looking?

I for one am following this build very closely, and look forward to further instalments; is there any chance in the future, that once assembled, it may make the journey to hallowed turf?

Member for

16 years 11 months

What's the use of a seperate thread when nobody bothers to take a look at the posted photographs.:dev2:

Cees

On the contrary Cees, your work is exactly what we're hoping to emulate in our project. I can only marvel at what you've acheievd thus far:cool:

All being well, we will be taking up residence in our new workshop in the next few so we'll be able to crack on with our rebuild as a companion to yours

John

Member for

20 years 3 months

Hi Cees,

As I've said before, you are doing great work here. Having your own project thread is often the only way people can follow your work, as the printed media tend to only feature flying rebuilds, or static projects once they are completed.

You must have good drawing references to work from. Some of these assemblies you have shown us look wonderfully complex.

Hopefully in the not to distant future, I can come over to visit?