Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Campbell's Bluebird K7

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally the K7 restoration is by the far the most interesting restoration project going on period on this forum in my humble opinion, bar mine. The boat was a "HYDROPLANE" so I see the crossover clearly. I have no problem seeing Bill's team post on here. I marvel at the work they have done and don't have any time for the key board warriors. They walk, the losers just talk..
    BCWM Jaguar GR1A XX741 restoration

Comment

^^^^^^^^^
      As above.
      I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
      I take something for it.

Comment

It's always been an interest that has crossed over to many aviation enthusiasts; something about it being jet powered and high speed, perhaps? Plus as has been pointed out, K7 in its various forms has always had a fair bit of aircraft about it- in her final guise alone she used the tail fin, engine hydraulic system and a few other bits from Gnat T.1 prototype XM691, and a set of on board air start equipment from the never built second Hunting H126. Prior to that she ran the Beryl engine from the SRA1 flying boat, and even her trailer wheels came from beaching gear for the same. And at the end of the day, everyone likes a bit of daring do! Personally, I have little interest in the history of the world water speed record, and yet so far I've dedicated over ten years of my life (and counting) to fixing this bloody boat!

...and yes, K7 was built at Samlesbury Engineering- the bus builders!
        The Bluebird Project

Comment

Fascinating project with the updates it shows what can be done.. Meanwhile it has led me to another online resource which I had not discovered before..Graces guide, example below...

https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Percival_Aircraft_Co

Comment

What a fantastic project...!

And to the naysayers about the blog...
            The last time I looked this was a free country.
            It's their trainset, their blog, their diary.
            They can write what they want, when they want.

If you don't like it, don't read it - It's that simple...

Comment

Ironic that a group who "don't have any time for the key board (sic) warriors" have a blogger who goes to some length to keep making this exact point with every new post.

Comment

As ironic as the same people pointing out their displeasure every time, too..?
                The Bluebird Project

Comment

Another new diary-

http://www.bluebirdproject.com/index.php?id=82
                  The Bluebird Project

Comment

It's clearly a real labour of love and starting to look absolutely magnificent! top stuff...

Comment

That's looking really great. What with this project, Blue 2's Meatbox and a couple of others we are really spoilt for choice - good work all of you.

Comment

Thanks for the latest update/diary Mike - the boat is looking really nice

Comment

The Bluebird Project

Comment

Thanks Mike, fantastic work thanks for keeping us updated..........Martin
                            pb::

Comment

It's looking a lot like a complete (or almost complete) blue boat again. Looking very good!
                              A Little VC10derness - A Tribute to the Vickers VC10 - www.VC10.net

Comment

Another video...

The Bluebird Project

Comment

This is an incredible restoration. Well done to all the team.

Comment

Really lookin forward to seeing her

Comment

Hi All,
                                      Ditto what TempestV, the complete restoration when done will be an honour to the team for all your hard work from low to the boss and all of you
                                      should be proud of the achievement that you will have made, also it is a true memorial to Donald Campbell that his family can look upon with pride thank you.....

Geoff.

Comment

A photo posted by the team showing the canopy in place really sets off the look. Hopefully Bluebird Mike may share it? Stunning job. Cannot wait to attend Bute.

Comment

Re. attendance- we'll be on site from 4th August, and anticipate that the single road to our base at the fisheries will be closed to avoid chaos. We'll have a temporary boat shed for the boat and will be working in a cordoned-off area with a pass system. During down time, we'll see if we can accommodate guests but aren't making any promises. People may park at the nearby school and walk down to find vantage points around the Loch to watch. Remember this is our crew training exercise, not 'the main event'; the boat won't be totally finished!
                                          The Bluebird Project

Comment

Working...
                                          X