"Press on" Fresson

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years

I am interested in learning more about Noel H. Fresson. G/C Fresson was my father's C.O. at 97 Squadron and I am interested in learning more of his career and possibly finding pictures of him for inclusion on a 97 Squadron site.

Thanks in advance. David.

Original post

Member for

18 years

Bumping this one up in the hope someone can help.

Member for

14 years 11 months

I've only come across brief mentions of 'Press On' Fresson in various books. Jennie Gray's 'Fire By Night' has a little info on p.95 - apparently he wasn't well liked on 97 Squadron. His name crops up again in the 'Salute Bomber Command' magazine which has just been published - but again, a fleeting mention ( this time with 51 Squadron at Snaith ) and again, no photograph.....

Member for

18 years

Thanks guys. I am really looking for a photograph of him when he was with 97 Squadron to add to Jennie Gray's site.

Member for

18 years

Thanks Kev

Member for

15 years 9 months

Air Commodore Noel Fresson was the younger brother of Captain Ernest Edmund 'Ted' Fresson OBE the Scottish airline pioneer who features in a number of our Airfield Focus series from Peter V Clegg, inlcuding the latest on Kirkwall and the Orkney mainland airfields. In his latter years Air Commodore Fresson lived in The Cresent, Bath and had a number of children, including one who became a Captain for British Airways.

I'm digging through the material we have here, but if you wish I am happy to put you in touch with Richard Fresson, Tred Fresson's son who is the family archivist. Just drop me an IM!