Miles Gemini

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I was pleased to see a Miles Gemini fly over my garden a couple of times on Saturday morning, i assume heading into Abingdon.I know that they have had a couple of smallist fly-ins this year, but had not seen one advertised for this week. I could not really tell which one it was as the sun was so bright, but i'm sure it wasn't the camo/ invasion stripes one.How many does that leave? , only a couple by my memory.

phil

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Miles Gemini

The camo / invasion stripes aircraft you mention is of course a Miles Messenger. There are four or five of those flying now, but I think just a couple of Geminis.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Steve, thanks for your correction , you are absolutely right, apologies for my guffaw.

Phil

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi Phil!

There´s a Gemini in Sweden that has been under long term restoration to airworthiness. It´s located at a private airfield not far from where I live. The current owner inherited the aircraft from his father who brought it to Sweden in the late sixties or early seventies (IIRC that is).

The entry in the EAA register:
Type: Miles M65 Gemini
Serial: 6296-707
Owner: Björn Esbjörnsson, KÅGERÖD

Some ten years ago I was told that, apart from the one in Sweden which was potentionally airworthy, there was only one airworthy example in England. Much can have happened in ten years but, that´s the information I have.

Regards,
Christer :-)

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 21-08-02 AT 12:32 PM (GMT)]I found this web page:

http://www.bigwig.net/museumofberkshireaviation/mba.htm

which indicate that my information was either wrong in the first place or out dated.

There are four in the UK:
G-AKHP, G-AKKB, G-AKKH, G-AKVZ

There is one in New Zealand:
ZK-ANT

There is one in Sweden:
SE-AYM

Christer

Another mistake: SE-AYM came to Sweden in November 1950.

My trigger happy index fingers make me feel like a :+