Jaguar doing her thing

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Came across this on another forum,Lovely sight!

http://neilporter.fotopic.net/c1402132.html

Original post

Member for

21 years 1 month

Yes a wonderful sight, sadly a sight one will not be able to enjoy for much longer :(

Member for

20 years 3 months

Don't think this is the last flying Jaguar as I believe ETPS still have XX145 at Boscombe Down in 'raspberry ripple scheme?

Member for

24 years 3 months

One of the last

Thanks Albert. I thought it was grounded?

Member for

17 years 6 months

Don't think this is the last flying Jaguar as I believe ETPS still have XX145 at Boscombe Down in 'raspberry ripple scheme?

Haven’t the Indian Air Force got one or two also? :D

Member for

17 years 7 months

Thanks for posting this - I was a Flight Test Engineer on the Jaguar team back in 1970 and am passing this around my contacts. Sorry to be ignorant, but what serial is the aircraft depicted, is this the last one flying in the UK, another thread says it will make its last flight on 20 Dec.

Are there any plans to keep one serviceable, if only for taxis? I know of the location of the preserved prototypes/development aircraft, but with the wirthdrawal of the last squadron aircraft this year, is one (or more) being kept safe - if nothing else Jaguars might be needed again if the RAF keeps fighting battles! And Jaguars are clearly much loved if this forum is anything to go by!!

Steve Broadbent
(always delighted to hear from fellow ex-Jaguar flight testers, 70-75)

Member for

20 years 2 months

Retired mid-2006. The Grey T2A XX833 is indeed the last British military Jag flying.

Member for

17 years 7 months

Thanks for that, appreciated

SB

Member for

16 years 8 months

Haven’t the Indian Air Force got one or two also? :D

I thought still in low rate production for the IAF? Certainly in front line plans for another 10 years or so I thought? I was suprised that they didn't make a move for the RAF airframes, all upgraded and re-engined etc. Lovely looking 'plane the Jaguar........

Member for

16 years 11 months

XX833

Hi all,

Retired mid-2006. The Grey T2A XX833 is indeed the last British military Jag flying.

IIRC XX833 was 'swapped' in about 2002 for 2 QinetiQ owned Canberras which the RAF needed for their low time engines to support the T4 Canberra at Marham; and therefore ceased to be Military operated/owned.

Member for

16 years 9 months

Still no news, other than last flight is scheduled(!) to be Thu 20th. No idea yet if its coming back or what, soon as i get info i'll post it.:D