Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flugwerk Kits

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flugwerk Kits

Does anybody know how many of the above 20 kits are staying in europe and what the current progress is on them? From my understanding:

Tom Blair fw190a
    Christophe Jacquard fw190a
    Eric Vormezelle fw190a
    Flugwerk fw190a
    flugwerk fw190d
    Tom Blair fw190d
    I PITY THE FOOL

Eric Vormezeele's team is working on a FW190D. It will certainly not be finnished as an A-variant. This example will stay in Belgium once completed.

Stieglitz
    http://www.urselavia.be/

Comment

Would be nice to have one or more present at some of the UK shows one year.
      Any recent news on Tom Blair's 190A which was on the flightline at Legends?
      The mind once expanded by a new idea never returns to its original size.

Comment

Jacquard's could fly end of next year. He recently increased workforce.

Comment

Originally posted by happymeal View Post
          Jacquard's could fly end of next year. He recently increased workforce.
          Great to see that the project makes progress. I hadn't heard much of it since it went to Jaquard. It will be great to see once the Focke Wulfs are ready!

Stieglitz

Comment

Originally posted by Stieglitz View Post
            Eric Vormezeele's team is working on a FW190D. It will certainly not be finnished as an A-variant. This example will stay in Belgium once completed.

Stieglitz
            I Didn't no he had a long nosed variant. Should make a nice addtion to the airshow circuit.

Whats the state of play with his buchon? will it fly again or is it still grounded?
            I PITY THE FOOL

Comment

Originally posted by markstringer View Post
              I Didn't no he had a long nosed variant. Should make a nice addtion to the airshow circuit.

Whats the state of play with his buchon? will it fly again or is it still grounded?
              His Buchon is in very good and complete condition. It would require only minor work to get it fully airworthy again. But for now, the plane will stay grounded.

Stieglitz
              Last edited by Stieglitz; 16th November 2007, 19:11.

Comment

His Buchon is in very good and complete condition. It would require only minor work to get it fully airworthy again. But for now, the plane will stay grounded.

Stieglitz

I have my doubts about the very good condition you are talking about..

It has remained in its hangar for years and I don't think it will fly in the near future, except off course if somebody buys it (it is for sale)..

The work on the FW190 is indead progressing, but it will certainly take a long time to get it in the air.
                Last edited by Bruce; 16th November 2007, 18:51. Reason: Edited to respect the privacy of the aircraft owner

Comment

Shame the Vormezeele collection is closed for the public. Would LOVE to visit and see the collection . I've only seen his Harvard and Skyraider on airshows.
                  Magister Aviation
                  It's all in my book

Comment

Does mr Vormezeele never intend to fly it then whilst it remains in his ownership? Its a shame but it is his toy.
                    I PITY THE FOOL

Comment

Stieglitz
                      Good to hear that work is progressing on the Fw190D. I hope they release a few pictures of the work in the future. I believe they are going to use an original Jumo 213, correct? It will be very exciting to see some pictures or video of this one when it's complete.

Comment

There is still much work to be done on this project. There are several options still open about the enginetype which will be used. Nothing has been decided yet. More info about this project will be released when the time is right.

Stieglitz

Comment

No-one should underestimate the amount of work involved in rebuilding (or building) a Fw190, or indeed a FW190.

Not all 1940's fighters are the same....

Bruce

Comment

PM ed you J. BW R

Comment

Working...
                            X