Forum Virtual Art Gallery

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 7 months

Due to the interest shown regards Robmac's drawings a suggestion has been made to have a virtual gallery on the forum.Personally I like the idea- how about some feedback?:)

On a similar vein, I have mentioned on the Phantom thread that I have toyed with the idea of having an exhibition at Doncaster Aeroventure (although they don't know that yet! just an idea at the moment)-if anyone is interested then let me know please & I will see if it can come to fruition.:) :) :eek:

Original post

Member for

17 years 11 months

Great idea...

I,d like to see some 3D Aviation work in here as well as the traditional styles.Far more talented people out there than me.

Member for

19 years

Far more talented people out there than me.

Any one else care to own up Clicky here:D

Brian

Member for

17 years

Any one else care to own up Clicky here:D

Brian

Brian, you have been e-mailed via your site.

As an aside, and back on thread - great idea, so long as we keep the works for crits only! No blatant selling unless PM'd!

John

Member for

17 years 2 months

Any chance some of our more talented members could be persuaded to do requests. I think its a great idea. As you say orders/commissions only by PM.
Thanks Lindy's Lad great idea.
Be lucky
David

Member for

17 years 4 months

This the kind of time wasting activity you are talking about?

Attachments

Member for

16 years 7 months

Heres a couple I've done. I like doing the ink dots method, tedious, but strangely theraputic!

Member for

16 years 7 months

And a few more.

By the way Lindys Lad, I love your Shackleton piture on the other thread. A different approach and evocative, just how I remember the 'Growler'.

Member for

18 years 2 months

samples

My last 'real' painting - still incomplete (gouache and watercolour) - sorry cruddy photo. I've since switched over to profiles - all original line-work (Adobe Illustrator - the only Photoshop is the background image). More samples on my site (albeit smaller) and more yet to be uploaded.

James

Attachments

Member for

17 years

And a few more.

By the way Lindys Lad, I love your Shackleton piture on the other thread. A different approach and evocative, just how I remember the 'Growler'.

wot? This one? :D

Thank you. Thats the first compliment I've actually had!

Member for

17 years

Here's a few more.

The TNT 146 is on the office wall at TNT (Maintenance) Durham Tees Valley

The singleton Lanc is on MY wall

Phantom of the Ruhr was done before the aircraft scheme was made public. The plan was to present it to the BBMF at the handover, but it didn't work out... (I left)

The Twin pin was done whilst living in a dark, dingy caravan over last winter working for AA

And, lastly, the Venom was done for last years GAVA AGM...

Member for

16 years 7 months

Due to the interest shown regards Robmac's drawings a suggestion has been made to have a virtual gallery on the forum.Personally I like the idea- how about some feedback?:)

On a similar vein, I have mentioned on the Phantom thread that I have toyed with the idea of having an exhibition at Doncaster Aeroventure (although they don't know that yet! just an idea at the moment)-if anyone is interested then let me know please & I will see if it can come to fruition.:) :) :eek:

Wow,what we've seen so far very good-the more I see,the more I want to push for an exhibition.keep 'em coming.:D :D

Member for

21 years

Haven't had much energy for it the last couple years but I really got into doing profiles for a bit, self taught in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Nothing compared to the other stuff here, but fun

Model building without the glue. I need to finish some Spit stuff for someone soon too.

What I thought was my best 109E
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s199/guppy35/109E7TropSicilyJG27.jpg

The P51C Mustang I keep working on to get as much detail as I can. Getting there but a ways to go
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s199/guppy35/PitzerFinal3.jpg

Member for

19 years 1 month

Turning into a right bunch of artists aren't we!!:D :D

I think the forum art gallery is a great idea Rad, but the rate these pictures are cropping up, we'll not have anything to show:rolleyes:

There is some great artwork here boys. I think this idea needs to be put ahead...NOW!!!

Member for

19 years 1 month

This was done for LesB

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Member for

17 years 2 months

Robmac,
Please check your PMs. I tried e-mail too and that didn't work either.
Be lucky
David

Member for

24 years 2 months

Apologies if this is a bit off-topic, but this chap posts occasionally on the Great War Forum that I and a few other Flypastites hang out on...

http://www.russellsmithart.com/index.html

Some of his stuff is, frankly, stunning! Perhaps we should try to get him on board?

Adrian

Member for

16 years 8 months

Haven't had much energy for it the last couple years but I really got into doing profiles for a bit, self taught in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Nothing compared to the other stuff here, but fun

Model building without the glue. I need to finish some Spit stuff for someone soon too.

What I thought was my best 109E
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s199/guppy35/109E7TropSicilyJG27.jpg

The P51C Mustang I keep working on to get as much detail as I can. Getting there but a ways to go
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s199/guppy35/PitzerFinal3.jpg

Ive always been interested in this type of art, could you tell me how one of these is actually created?

Member for

17 years 4 months

Neil996
To do profiles in Photoshop and the like, here is the rough order of business.
1. Find a good line profile of the subject you want (this may be harder than you think) It needs to bee large in pixel scale. Compare several, try to find the most accurate. Lots of reference photos help.
2. Make it BIG. Make the image 1/4 to 1/3 bigger than the final size you want to produce in the end. It is always better to make it bigger and ruduce it down a bit. Sharpens it up nicely.
3. Probably have to redraw the lines and tweak it to your desired line-weight
4. Pick a style, flat coloring or shaded coloring, black line overlay or more realistic-no black lines showing just panel edge highlights and shaddows, clean or weathered.
5. Make an extra layer on top with this outline(just black, no white. Add layers between to start "painting".

If only it were that simple!!

Here is a bit of a project I have been working on, it is reduced by 1/3, and yes, it is HUGE.

Most of all, Have fun and try not to pull your hair out!

Attachments

Member for

16 years 8 months

Neil996
To do profiles in Photoshop and the like, here is the rough order of business.
1. Find a good line profile of the subject you want (this may be harder than you think) It needs to bee large in pixel scale. Compare several, try to find the most accurate. Lots of reference photos help.
2. Make it BIG. Make the image 1/4 to 1/3 bigger than the final size you want to produce in the end. It is always better to make it bigger and ruduce it down a bit. Sharpens it up nicely.
3. Probably have to redraw the lines and tweak it to your desired line-weight
4. Pick a style, flat coloring or shaded coloring, black line overlay or more realistic-no black lines showing just panel edge highlights and shaddows, clean or weathered.
5. Make an extra layer on top with this outline(just black, no white. Add layers between to start "painting".

If only it were that simple!!

Here is a bit of a project I have been working on, it is reduced by 1/3, and yes, it is HUGE.

Most of all, Have fun and try not to pull your hair out!

Cheers for that i appreciate it, i tried a few years ago to do the line bit in Illustrator when i was trying to come up with motorbike paint designs.

I think this type of art looks great when you want to show off markings etc.

which bit would you do in Photoshop and in Illustrator?

Great bit of Nose art!

i dont have much hair now so will rant and swear at screen instead!