Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Virtual Art Gallery

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul C
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Dec 2004

The next wave

Hi all
    well after a successful Guild show this year I'm well on the way with next years submissions, yes I know amazing but true, so here it is so far, still plenty to do but you get the idea

Cheers
    Paul C

www.paulcouper.com
    Attached Files

Comment

• trumper
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Aug 2003

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Just superb ,absolutely brilliant.After all that i didn't get there this year.Being on nights + the sheer heat we had that week just took the stuffing out of me and couldn't get the energy back.

Comment

• CeBro
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Sep 2009

Beautiful paintings, all of them.
        I had a go at aviation painting myself for a few years. First started using Humbrol tins and brushes (what I had available at the time) and later
        went to painting classes hosted by my previous employer. There were a wonderful bunch of artistic people who always told me to paint something other than
        old aeroplanes. One of them had painted a female torso and painted it green. I asked him why and he told me that was how he saw women. I
        told him to look around him in the studio to see what they really looked like. Never did get on with him
        Really loved painting those clouds.
        Cees

Comment

• 1batfastard
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2013

Hi All,
          Just thought I would offer up Simon Atack's latest masterpiece 'SHADOW OF THE DAM'.........
          https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/...da&oe=57E3EEE3

Photo's here :- https://www.facebook.com/SimonAtack/...327867/?type=3

Geoff.
          Last edited by 1batfastard; 22nd September 2016, 10:28.

Comment

• trumper
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Aug 2003

Very nice ,will have to watch the video later ,the audio seems very low on the first min or so.

Comment

• 1batfastard
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2013

Hi All,
              Sorry for re-posting, I cannot edit my original 564. Anyway here is a better picture of 'SHADOW OF THE DAM' posted from Simon Atacks Facebook page..

Geoff.

Comment

• Chad Veich
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jan 2000

Been around for nearly a decade and I had never bothered to click on this thread until today. Glad I did! Some truly magnificent art work to be found among the posts in this thread. I hesitate to post my own "art" as, these days, it is concentrated in scale models. Is that an acceptable art form for the thread or is this constrained to a more traditional definition?

Comment

wwrsimon

Here's one I did a few years back, but have recently revisited, updated and amended. B-17G 44-6504 of the 360th BS, 303rd BG, which crashed on top of The Cheviot in a blizzard in December 1944:

Regards

Simon

EDIT - I've added an outer frame to show the edge of the image
                  Last edited by wwrsimon; 28th September 2016, 13:11.

Comment

• trumper
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Aug 2003

^^^^^^^^^^ very nice ,unusual to see the wings come out of the frame,is it oils?

Comment

wwrsimon

Thank you for the kind words. They're done on the computer: Illustrator, Photoshop and some digital photography.

I like to have the main image breaking out of the white frame, as I think it adds a bit more interest.

Here's another - Spitfire VIII LV755 of 607 Sqn, flown by Wilf Goold DFC:

Regards

Simon

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                        Flying Dutchman
                        • Oct 2004

Hi Gents!

AviationGraphic has just released my recent Zero image in print form:

http://www.aviationgraphic.com/airpl...ro-sky-14.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	a6m-zero-sky-14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	3670427
                        Aviation Art & Photography
                        www.AviationArt.aero

...also for custom prints and t-shirts
                        Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• trumper
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Aug 2003

^^^^^^^^^ Very nice ,just wonder how well it sells in the USA ,not their finest hour although alot of fine individuals stories.I guess one day you will have all the senses involved,sight ,smell ,sound ,temperatures etc when looking at a picture..

Comment

• Wings43
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2015

Looks like an airfix kit box painting in my opinion. (Dams painting etc) No real sense of atmosphere even if technically very competent.

This stuff is like a lot of transport paintings. On the other hand Look at what Turner did when he tried his hand at a railway scene compared to this chocolate box nostalgia.

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                              Flying Dutchman
                              • Oct 2004

It was created for the cover of this bookazine, so the comparison with box art is fair.
                              http://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/pr...th-anniversary
                              Don't compare it to paintings though, it's not the style I'm after. I'll leave paintings to painters, I prefer to call myself an illustrator for that matter.

About sales in America... Has anyone ever wondered how well Lancaster prints sell in Germany? I realise it's a sensitive topic, but so is every war painting. It's curious how Pearl Harbor artwork is touching on taboo. It's history and I've been commissioned to depict it.
                              Last edited by Skyraider3D; 1st October 2016, 12:00.
                              www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• Wings43
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Jan 2015

Sky raider 3D. I wasn't referring to your work at all. I see your work very much as you've described it yourself. A very accomplished illustration that is almost like a film still.

I'm referring to some of the other stuff

Comment

• DazDaMan
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Aug 2003

I do like that Zero shot!
                                  Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                                    Flying Dutchman
                                    • Oct 2004

Thanks Daren!

Thanks Wings43, I misunderstood

Here is my latest, T-33A box art for Tanmodel.

Name:	T-33A_Tanmodel.jpg
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	3670742

As seen on the box:

Name:	Tanmodel T-33 2905 Main Box Picture.jpg
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	3670743
                                    www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• trumper
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Aug 2003

^^^^^^^^ That is incredible ,well done

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                                        Just thought Mark Pothelswaite ( https://www.facebook.com/MarkPostlethwaiteGAvA ) new piece of art should have a mention looks lovely IMHO.....

At this time of year I usually try to clear a slot in my schedule for a ‘seasonal’ scene, inspired by the low sun and autumn/winter hues all around us. These invariably end up being Bomber Command subjects as the bleak airfields tend to suit winter scenes whereas fighters tend to feel more at home in summer
                                        skies! So I’m half-way through this year’s painting. It’s another Lancaster at dispersal but this one will be ready to go, props turning, chocks away and bomb doors closed. Here’s a short video of progress so far using timelapse and conventional film, the painting should be complete by 16th November so look out for the second part after then along with details of prints etc. Incidentally, I’m planning to keep the Lanc pretty generic as you can’t see the squadron codes, but if any collector fancies the original I’d be happy to add specific markings/nose art to suit. Canvas size is 44″ x 20″. Just get in touch. More info on my website.

The second part of my timelapse work-in-progress video for the new painting 'Time to Go'. It depicts a Lancaster of 460 Squadron, (ED664 'A Aussie') just about to release the brakes and head for Berlin during the autumn of 1943. This is my own little tribute to an old friend of mine, Ted Groom who flew a lot of his first tour aboard ED664. The original canvas is 44" x 20" and both this and limited edition prints are now available for sale from the website:- http://www.posart.com/product/timetogo/ If you have any questions, feel free to post them, I'll try to answer the best I can.

Geoff.

Comment

• trumper
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Aug 2003

Blimey i had forgotten about this thread.I watched the Mark P videos the other day ,what a wonderful talent to have.
                                          In poor comparison i am doing a montage of Sally B for a friend of mine as a pressie for Christmas still bits to do as a WIP but maybe it will encourage others to post any new works .
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X