Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Virtual Art Gallery

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trumper
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Aug 2003

very nice

Comment

• trumper
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Aug 2003

BUMP FOR THE GaVa http://www.gava.org.uk/44th-annual-s...xhibition-2014 This week

Comment

• Skyraider3D
        Flying Dutchman
        • Oct 2004

Trumper, the model I make is fully three-dimensional and can be viewed from any angle and any focal length. Like portrait photographers, who use a slightly narrower angle than the human eye (to closer represent our actual focal area), I tend to use portrait lenses for my work. Anywhere from 70-135 mm typically. Of course it depends on the image, sometimes a wide angle works well too.

Thanks Geoff! I particularly like the close-up of that Red Arrow. Very well done!

The Whirlwind stuff is very cool, I particularly like the first set of retro posters!

Deskpilot, orthogonal view/projection is another word for it, I use it a lot. The 2-point perspective isn't very pretty I find, though some masterful artwork was made with it. Think M.C. Esher. As long as you crop off the outer zones, it's pretty acceptable.

I was on my way to the GAvA exhibit this morning, when a jumper at Wimbledon cut my journey short
        I hope I'll get another chance later this week, though of course most the painters won't be there then. I'd hoped to meet a few friends today whom I've not seen for a long time.
        Aviation Art & Photography
        www.AviationArt.aero

...also for custom prints and t-shirts
        Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• trumper
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Aug 2003

Sorry to hear that.I shall go along tomorrow all being well.

Comment

• MrBlueSky
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jan 2006

"The Whirlwind stuff is very cool, I particularly like the first set of retro posters!"

Thank you, Matt Painter is responsible for those, they're based on the actual CAD Whirly...

Here's a real retro look...

Click image for larger version

Name:	FlightMagWWDirty.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	3655892

Comment

• 1batfastard
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2013

Hi All,
              Just another couple of the new Michael Rondot piece of the Red Arrows for their 50th celebration. and another of the end result print available soon.

Geoff.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                Update for Michael Rondot's Red Arrow's 50th print, has now reached the proof stage and this is the result posted 7Hr's ago on his Facebook page looks lovely.

Geoff.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                  Sorry to bang on about this latest Michael Rondot work of art but I really think it has to be the best of the bunch. Here is the flyer for the print which looks like getting some really quite unique signatures on them above the basic 2014 team edition.

Geoff.

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                    Flying Dutchman
                    • Oct 2004

No worries Geoff, us artists need all the support we can get
                    And it is a great painting indeed.

Meanwhile a little test image of my Corsair 3D model. I have many "proper" artworks planned for the next months, including the Mosquito, Zero, Corsair, Mustang, T-33A, TSR2, I-16 and Ju 88, but thusfar not had any time (which in a sense is a good thing). So I crank out a little test like this every now and then to keep the creative juices flowing.

This is what the reflection pass looks like... gotto love "NMF"

www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• 1batfastard
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                      Ronnie lovely work as usual and visited your Facebook page real good videos on there many thanks.
                      Apologies again to all probably the last time I will bang on about Michael Rondot's Red Arrows as it's all but done and dusted bar the last few signatures for the A/P's and Remarques here is the finished painting with Michael devoid of the water marks and a link to an associated article plus Michaels Facebook page. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/photo_ga...ears_1_3773193

https://www.facebook.com/MikeRondot

Geoff.

Comment

• trumper
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Aug 2003

Ronnie ,your Corsair is a cracker.A friend of mine did some work on a Corsair engine and it needed bedding in.The aircraft took off flew around for a bit and i asked him how long it would take to bed in and he said "about now" and with that it swooped down and did a lovely flypast--your picture reminds me of that

Michael Rondots painting sums up the Red Arrows,always a pleasure to watch.

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                          Flying Dutchman
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by trumper View Post
                          Ronnie ,your Corsair is a cracker.A friend of mine did some work on a Corsair engine and it needed bedding in.The aircraft took off flew around for a bit and i asked him how long it would take to bed in and he said "about now" and with that it swooped down and did a lovely flypast--your picture reminds me of that
                          Thanks very much for your comment! Great story!

Here's my 3D model of the Ju 88 A-4 in the same 3D environment:

Last edited by Skyraider3D; 26th September 2014, 19:48.
                          www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• 1batfastard
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                            Ronnie,
                            As always lovely work matey, can I ask the twin guns under the Cockpit area would they have used a periscope system to aim and fire them ?

Geoff.

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                              Flying Dutchman
                              • Oct 2004

Thanks Geoff! The MG 81 Z would be manually controlled by some poor sod laying on his belly
                              The Ju 88 cockpit was a very cosy affair: http://www.ju88.net/propeganda/ju88cockpit.jpg
                              www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                                Flying Dutchman
                                • Oct 2004

Just in time...!

www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• alawrence
                                  • Sep 2014

Double DFC - 28th May 1982

Name:	Lo Res Double DFC-28th May 1982.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	3657058

The painting Double DFC - 28th May 1982 was inspired by a conversation over a glass of wine in a sleepy hamlet in south west France where Chris Nunn, the brother of Lt Richard Nunn DFC RM now resides.

Chris, a Royal Marine and himself a pilot was involved in the recapture and defence of South Georgia in April 1982, related to me the events of the 28th May. Chris was able to bring the events to life and later also provided a short prcis of Richard's life. Since completing the painting I have received an enthusiastic response from the aircrew involved, some of whom I have met in person at the GAVA exhibition in July and at 42 Commando Bickleigh.

Here is a very brief synopsis of the painting. I am sure that this could be greatly expanded upon, and possibly include input from the pilots and aircrew themselves and the Royal Marines should you wish take this further.

The painting shows two 3 Commando Brigade Air Squadron [3 BAS] Westland Scouts, Delta Romeo and Delta Tango' during the battle for Goose Green on Friday 28th May 1982, piloted by Lt Richard Nunn DFC RM and Capt Jeff Niblett DFC RM, in the vicinity of Camilla Creek , East Falkland.

Lieutenant Richard Nunn, Royal Marines, 3 Commando Brigade Air Squadron was killed when his Scout helicopter of B Flight came under rocket and canon attack by an Argentine Pucara aircraft as he set off from Camilla Creek House to evacuate the Commanding Officer 2 PARA, Colonel 'H' Jones VC, during the battle for Goose Green. By great skill Lieutenant Richard Nunn evaded the first attack but on the second his aircraft was hit and destroyed. Lieutenant Nunn was killed instantly and his aircrewman Sergeant Belcher was grieviously wounded.

Lieutenant Richard Nunn was posthumously awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for his actions.

Capt Jeff Niblett DFC RM, flew skilfully and courageously to avoid being hit by a second Pucara before returning for the badly injured comrade from the downed helicopter, and eventually, the body of the other pilot, Lieutenant Richard Nunn.

For his service throughout the conflict, Capt Jeff Niblett received the first ever DFC awarded to a Royal Marine.

Sergeant Bill Belcher Royal Marines was Richards airgunner. He played a vital part in the days operations and valiantly attempted to give instructions to help evade the attacking Argentine Pucaras until he was grievously wounded, loosing a leg. Fortunately when the aircraft hit the ground he was thrown clear.

In their 100+ years of aviation history, a number of Distinguished Flying Crosses have been awarded to Royal Marines. However, the Falklands campaign was the first time British light helicopters flew in support of full combat, rather than counter-insurgency, operations. The award of two DFCs to pilots flying as a pair is unique. Richards DFC is also the first posthumous award ever made, following a review of Honours and Awards in 1977. Ultimately this provided a very fitting title of the work which was suggested by Chris Nunn.

The painting was exhibited at the GAvA exhibition in London in July and received a Highly Commended for the Westkand Helicopters and Rotary Winged Flight Trophy and Award.
                                  Last edited by alawrence; 7th October 2014, 07:47.

Comment

• alawrence
                                    • Sep 2014

Name:	Lo Res Double DFC-28th May 1982.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	3657059

Here si some additional information for those interested. Prints are now available

http://www.sotegallery.biz/anthonylawrence.html

On Friday 28th May 1982, the 2nd Battalion of the Parachute Regiment was engaged in fierce fighting to take enemy positions in the area of Darwin and Goose Green. Two Gazelles and two Scout helicopters from 3 Commando Brigade Air Squadron Royal Marines were tasked to support the attack.

From dawn, heedless of enemy ground fire, the two Scouts from B Flight, led by the Flight Commander, Captain Jeff Niblett RM with his air gunner Sergeant John Glaze RM in ‘Delta Tango’ with ‘Delta Romeo’ flown by Lieutenant Richard Nunn RM with his air gunner Sergeant Bill Belcher RM, supported the Battalion by flying vital ammunition forward to the front line and then evacuating casualties to safety. The two Gazelles from M Flight were also committed throughout the battle.

After flying continuously for three and a half hours, it was learnt that the Commanding Officer and others in the battalion’s forward Tactical Headquarters had been severely wounded. Both Scout aircraft were tasked to fly forward once more to evacuate the wounded, taking with them the Battalion Second in Command. Five minutes after take-off from their forward operation base at Camilla Creek House, suddenly and without warning two Argentine Pucara ground attack aircraft attacked both Scouts with cannon and rocket fire. With great flying skill Lieutenant Nunn evaded the first attack but on the second his aircraft was hit and destroyed. Lieutenant Nunn was killed instantly. Sergeant Belcher was seriously wounded but thrown clear. He lost a leg. By employing a combination of exceptional flying skill and superb teamwork with his air gunner Sergeant John Glaze, Captain Niblett successfully evaded a further three cannon and rocket attacks, eventually completing the mission. The crew of ‘Delta Tango’ resolutely continued support and evacuation operations until well after dark. The support given by the aircraft of 3 Commando Brigade Air Squadron was vital to the conduct of the attack and was instrumental in the eventual victory. Captain Jeff Niblett RM was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. Lieutenant Richard Nunn was posthumously awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. This text draws on the citations for both awards published in the London Gazette on 8th October 1982.
                                    Last edited by alawrence; 7th October 2014, 17:43.

Comment

• 1batfastard
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Jan 2013

Hi All,
                                      alawrence,
                                      Fascinating story behind your artwork well researched then brought to life many thanks for sharing it in your post, a job well done matey 10/10.

Geoff.

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                                        Flying Dutchman
                                        • Oct 2004

Hello Kitty was born on 1 November 1974. Happy 40th birthday!

www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

• Skyraider3D
                                          Flying Dutchman
                                          • Oct 2004

Common folks, please post some of your latest or I'll go silly

Attached Files
                                          www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X