Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Virtual Art Gallery

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tornado64
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Apr 2010

been asked to link this in with the e hangar site

a little something for beggining and experienced artists alike !!

http://www.ehangar.com/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=3833

Comment

• Chox
      • Feb 2007

Things to do with a crappy old b&w photo...

Comment

• inkworm
        Rank outsider
        • Jan 2010

Not sure about the noise levels on the image or the difference in light source for the a/c and clouds but great composition and some nice elements
        Push enough pixels around and it'll look like an aeroplane profile.

Comment

• Lindy's Lad
          • Mar 2007

Chox, I'd suggest that if the original photo is not copyright to you, I'd include some sort of acknowledgement.... Original art is something that cannot be linked to an existing work whether it be through image manipulation, direct copying, 'improvements', or otherwise. One of my paintings was taken from another artist's digital composition and I cannot and will not sell my painting. Incidently, I have included a link to his website from mine.

Comment

• Chox
            • Feb 2007

No problems with copyright issues, it's the cover from my forthcoming book, minus the titles - purely for your entertainment. BAE kindly supplied the images for the book.

Comment

• inkworm
              Rank outsider
              • Jan 2010

Oops didn't realise it was a coloured photo, as there have been some other cgi versions in the past, still looks strange the difference between the clouds and the TSR2, any chance of seeing the original photo or do we have to wait for the book?

Comment

• Chox
                • Feb 2007

Be happy to oblige but I'd have to find it again and upload it etc.! It is in the book in its original form though. Not the best of photos - fairly fuzzy and badly exposed (although I tidied it up a fair bit even so) but it's one of the rare shots that shows the aircraft from a good angle. Virtually all of the TSR2 photos seem to have been variations on the standard side-view sadly.

Comment

• Phillip Rhodes
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Chox View Post

Very, very impressive and off course there are other images you can rework...

Well done...
                  Apathy is as powerful as any bulldozer and equally cherished by developers. Others cannot measure the importance of our heritage with OUR silence.

Comment

• roberto_yeager
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chox View Post

And

:eek

INCREDIBLE!!!

1Saludo
                    Revista Ejercitos, sometime She will back...

Comment

• Chox
                      • Feb 2007

Inkworm, if you happen to see copy of the latest Aircraft magazine, the original b&w photo is in there. Have to add though that even this is the cleaned-up version. The original wasn't so good but I guess it's far better than nothing! Out of all the TSR2 pictures that have survived I think that one was the nicest even if the quality was pretty poor. Anyway, this was the best I could do really as I'm no expert when it comes to graphic artwork. If I could create imagery that was anywhere near as good as yours I'd be rather pleased with myself, in fact I wouldn't have even bothered using the TSR2 photo as a starting point. I could have started from scratch and drawn it to suit!
                      Last edited by Chox; 4th September 2010, 13:10. Reason: spelnig

Comment

• trumper
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Aug 2003

Hi Guys and Gals ,hope you don't mind a quick bump but we have one person finished on this.
                        If you are thinking about painting or drawing or haven't got a project in mind why not have a crack at this thread.It is for fun only so don't be shy or beat yourselves up but it is a way of getting people to have a go at something that may not have been normally considered,may take you out of your comfort zone.
                        Here is the link to the thread http://www.ehangar.com/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=3833

If you can't get into the forum linked or want to have a go and need the photos larger size let me know,i took the photos so there are no copywrite problems.
                        If the paintbrushes/pencils/ are getting dusty,rusty or blunt come and get them out and blow away the cobwebs
                        OH , As we are on both E Hangar and here you don't need to join if you don't want to ,just post on here or e mail us the image and we can post it for you if it is ok with you.
                        Thanks

Comment

• inkworm
                          Rank outsider
                          • Jan 2010

Thought I'd chuck this little job up for some feedback

Comment

• trumper
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by inkworm View Post
                            Thought I'd chuck this little job up for some feedback
                            Is there supposed to be a link LOL,

Comment

• trumper
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Aug 2003

Hi Inky,
                              PM sent but all i am seeing is this

Is anyone else having problems?
                              Cheers

Comment

• Sky High
                                Always Hopeful
                                • Oct 2009

Chox - posting as a rank amateur I find this image extrordinarily effective. There is something about the graininess of it and the angle, which appeaks to me very much. Is your book a re-appraisal of the whole sorry saga or are you shedding new light on the story?
                                What really matters is what you do with what you have.

SKY HIGH

Comment

• AvgasDinosaur
                                  115/145 Nectar of the Sky
                                  • Jan 2007

No probs amazing P1154 image visible here strength 5+
                                  Be lucky
                                  David
                                  Its not dripping oil ! She is marking her territory
                                  I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up

Comment

• trumper
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by AvgasDinosaur View Post
                                    No probs amazing P1154 image visible here strength 5+
                                    Be lucky
                                    David
                                    This is weird ,i can no longer see the image again although it did appear earlier
                                    I assume you are referring to Inkworms picture

Comment

• Chox
                                      • Feb 2007

Sky High I quite like the image too but I'm no expert with Photoshop. I just did what I could mostly through trial and error! The annoying thing is that I received a copy of the book today and the layout people have blown it up rather larger so the quality is spoiled and it looks pretty rough on the cover which is disappointing!

Regarding the book, it's basically a fairly concise look at the whole project from start to finish, but aimed at the truth this time rather than the endless myths which have floated around for years. Some of the information will doubtless surprise some readers, especially if they've adhered to the old "Denis Healey destroyed TSR2" story. Hopefully I've put the record straight and explained what the project was all about, how the aircraft was to be used, and why it was ultimately abandoned.

Inkworm I can't see any images either! Something's wrong!

Comment

• Sky High
                                        Always Hopeful
                                        • Oct 2009

Disappointing. Sounds interesting and I look forward to reading it. When is the publication date and the title?

Inkworm's images clear and bright down here!
                                        What really matters is what you do with what you have.

SKY HIGH

Comment

• Chox
                                          • Feb 2007

It's already on sale, title is TSR2 - Britain's Lost Cold War Strike Aircraft (and I agree the subtitle is absurdly long. It wasn't my idea!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X