Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Virtual Art Gallery

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jvouillon
    • Apr 2010

Hi Mark,
    I'm impressed to see what you're able to do with Painter!
    I like the style of your illustrations, it make me think about 2 french illustrators (you may be already know):
    - Francis Bergse (http://ww2artgallery.e-monsite.com/r...ese,78933.html)
    - Daniel bechennec (http://www.danielbechennec.com/html/...militaire.html)

Comment

• MarkH
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Nov 2007

Thanks Jv
      I'm beginning to realize that most good illustrators live in France.

Comment

• tornado64
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Apr 2010

a lot of firsts in this one fist night , first water reflections , first two light sources ( lightning and hangar )
        first on hardboard ( rough side ) and first using my airbrushes ( away from models )

composite picture using 3 images one for the aircraft , one for the markings and another for light casts

Comment

• trumper
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Aug 2003

You don't do easy do you for firsts LOL.
          Airbrushing - never tried but it looks an art form in itself.
          I like it alot,my first impressions were how "smooth" everything is,i assume that is the nature of the beast of airbrushing.
          Technical question,is it possible to mix the formats, i e do the majority of it with the airbrush then use standard painting techniques as well.
          So what is the next "first" you will attempt LOL.

Comment

• Lord Roxeth
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Aug 2007

Hallo...

I'm coming to this thread a bit late. Here's 2 of mine...

1) 'Shuttleworth's Collection' - Acrylic on Canvas Board 22 x 28.

Bedfordshire squire, Richard Shuttleworth aloft in his first aircraft (DH.60X Moth - G-EBWD) over Old Warden in the mid-30's. On the ground are some of his earliest aqcuistions. The Bleriot, Deperdussin and Sopwith Pup.

The aerodrome (now an exhibit in itself) is represented as accurately as possible from period photograph's found in Kevin Desmond's book.

2) 'The Shar' - Acrylic on Canvas Board 22 x 28.

In the words of former BAe Chief Test Pilot, John Farley, "XV405 was no ordinary Sea Harrier. It was the first to fly, the first one to be displayed in public, the first one up the ski-jump, the first one fully equipped to fire Sea Eagle and the first one to be shot down over the Falklands".

Known as 'The Shar' it is seen here, flown by John Farley, over the BAe test airfield at Dunsfold Surrey, England in August 1979.

Out - Roxeth.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Lord Roxeth; 30th May 2010, 02:44. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• trumper
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Aug 2003

Lord Roxteth - - They are really nice.I like the lighting in the Old Warden one and the SHAR with the runways a long way down is very atmospheric.

I think i am just about finished with this one,i need to move on and try and do something new.
              I may keep fiddling with a few bits but pretty much done now.
              Mark H i have thought about toning down the trees as you suggested but not quite sure how and to what extent,all suggestions/advice welcome.
              Here is the latest version of it

Thanks for looking

Comment

• Phillip Rhodes
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Aug 2004

Since the summer of 2009 I have been keeping myself busy with small artistic projects that involve minimal financial outlay.

While my era of Airfix model making was influenced by the phenomenal artwork of Roy Cross (1960/70s), I have found that replicating the Type 2 (T2) Header Cards from a previous generation (1950/60s) is both therapeutic and ideally suited to my level of PhotoShop competency. I also find these header cards both attractive and their ironical 1950s style very true of the period.

The original Type 2 Header Cards were secured on eBay or scanned ‘n’ emailed by kind and generous enthusiasts.

While I try and remain true to the original, I don’t mind adding detail, as my recreations were enlarged with printing in mind. I also see these images as very much work in progress – with individual header cards constantly being improved upon.

That was then. Alas most of my original reworkings were lost when my old and faithful laptop crashed 'n' burned. I've also thought about reworking a number of Type 1 (T1) header cards (see above).

Apathy is as powerful as any bulldozer and equally cherished by developers. Others cannot measure the importance of our heritage with OUR silence.

Comment

• tornado64
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Apr 2010

MERLINS small quick painting for a larger canvas idea

better refrence shots would help too

may do a series of birds of prey / aircraft connection paintings ( inc a larger better one of this idea !!

Last edited by tornado64; 7th June 2010, 09:51.

Comment

• JP Vieira
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jul 2007

Hello
                    Here is an example of my latest profile. the FW-190D-9.

Hope you enjoy.
                    Best regards to all
                    http://ilustro.webs.com/ https://www.facebook.com/JPVieira.Illustration / https://www.facebook.com/jp.vieira.779/

Comment

• robmac
                      B-29 Superfortress Build
                      • Feb 2005

These are my latest pieces. I have finally taken the plunge into paints and have been busy knocking stuff out so I might as well show them you all. They may not be to some peoples standards but as they are my first actual paintings of aircraft I'm really happy with them, my favourite being the Sea Vixen and being my latest too. I feel every painting I do seems to get better so lets hope it continues......

Sunset C-130 Hercules

An Arrow in Greece

Sea Vixen to Go!

Last edited by robmac; 3rd July 2010, 23:32.
                      http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...?topic=15772.0

Comment

• JP Vieira
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jul 2007

Very interesting artwork
                        http://ilustro.webs.com/ https://www.facebook.com/JPVieira.Illustration / https://www.facebook.com/jp.vieira.779/

Comment

• trumper
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Aug 2003

I would be very happy with them to.I like the action the figures add to it ,very dramatic.
                          I like them all but the Vixen one has the slight edge for me.
                          Keep them coming

Comment

• robmac
                            B-29 Superfortress Build
                            • Feb 2005

Their will be more trust me, but I'm not sticking to just aviation, I'm doing portraits too, but I'm planning on a Tiger Squadron Tornado GR4 next for the aircraft.
                            http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...?topic=15772.0

Comment

• Lindy's Lad
                              • Mar 2007

Tornado F3, XI(F) Sqn, RAF Leming... (slightly blurry photo)
                              Last edited by Lindy's Lad; 11th October 2010, 21:40.

Comment

• Lindy's Lad
                                • Mar 2007

Sea King, 202Sqn, RAF Boulmer over Druridge Bay, Northumberland.
                                Last edited by Lindy's Lad; 11th October 2010, 21:40.

Comment

• tornado64
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by robmac View Post
                                  These are my latest pieces. I have finally taken the plunge into paints and have been busy knocking stuff out so I might as well show them you all. They may not be to some peoples standards but as they are my first actual paintings of aircraft I'm really happy with them, my favourite being the Sea Vixen and being my latest too. I feel every painting I do seems to get better so lets hope it continues......

Sunset C-130 Hercules

An Arrow in Greece

Sea Vixen to Go!

i like these , my only critique is you realy did need some form of masking

some airbrushers don't use and look down on it but the biggest percentage of us do

i use liquid mask and paper edges for a more mobile mask

it is effective to combine both brush and airbrush to give the crispness of the brush with the superb blending abillities of the airbrush

here's a good forum for you to explorehttp://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631338

Comment

• tornado64
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Apr 2010

my latest !! Boelcke , blue lightning

Comment

• trumper
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Aug 2003

Nice going ,well done everyone.

At the moment with the kids being on school holidays i need 50 hours in a day but it is lovely to see how everyone else is getting on.
                                      There are some really different styles,great to see.

Just read the thread all the way through again,shame Rob Macs photos have disappeared .
                                      Last edited by trumper; 24th August 2010, 11:10.

Comment

• DanielBechennec
                                        • Aug 2010

By Trumper's advice...

... I send , as a 2nd HULLO, my 110/Lancs on this page...Thanks to Radpoe too for his compliment!.... Cheers, huggs & kisses from Paris.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Radpoe Meteor
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Jul 2007

Not a problem Daniel-and welcome to the forum

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X