What happened to XF799 (Pembroke)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 7 months

About 2 years ago, i was trying to create a group of enthusiasts, to buy and restore a Percival Pembroke, which was on sale in the US.

I didn't manage to get enough people involved, so nothing came of it.

However, i always wondered what happened to the AC. The sale consisted of 2 Percival Pembroke (ex RAF XF799 and N510RP). They were not in flying conditon, but well within restoration efforts.

I lost contact with the seller, but he mentioned some interest from the UK.

Does anyone know what happened to those birds?

The world needs another airworthy Pembroke, so i hope they are in good hands.

Original post

Member for

18 years 3 months

Another fine looking company run around.
Have you tryied to contact the owners of the ones that are still flying in the U.K.? they might have contacts to help track the aircraft down?
There is the Bournemouth based one G-BNPH and the Covernty one G-BXES.
Well good hunting ,it is nice to read that there is still hope to see some more British aircraft trying to be saved as the Government does not have the same thoughts on trying to help keep these aircraft in the U.K.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Pembrokes

Pembroke N510RP is still in storage at Blaine-Anoka County Airport MN owned by Sean Keating and XF799/N4273C is at Watkins-Front Range Airport, CO owned by John Mulvey. I suggest you buy a copy of the wonderful book "Survivors" by Roy Blewett. It lists all the surviving Prince/Pembrokes as well as many other old types.
Happy flying!

Member for

16 years 3 months

XF799

I was with the very Pembroke in question, XF799, this summer - she's still looking good. The owner is a good friend of mine.

You can contact John Mulvey from ASTRE Air via his company web site - www.astreair.com - gives all of the phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc.

The Pembroke is a beautiful aircraft - if would be great to see another one in the air.