Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Flug Werk Dora for sale - link to pics

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Flug Werk Dora for sale - link to pics

FW 190 D9 LIMITED TIME ONLY Last D9 "Longnose" aircraft kit. Powered with Allison V 12. All system parts, prop and structures are of new manufacture. Serious contenders only, state full postal address with enquiry please. VISIT MY WEBSITE Contact Claus Colling - FLUG WERK GMBH located Gammelsdorf, Germany Telephone: +49-8766-939 878 Fax: +49-8766-939 879 or +49-8766-1351 Posted March 20, 2007 Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser Recommend This Ad to a Friend Email Advertiser Report This Ad

http://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php?...4a422a618ad42d

or search for D9

http://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php?...70144201091fe1

Pics here - isnt she lovely!

TT
    Last edited by TEXANTOMCAT; 22nd March 2007, 17:50.
    Our Beech 18 & T-6@www.beechrestorations.com
    Visit Sywell Aviation Museum @
    www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/museum.php
    Sywell Airshow 17.8.2014

Nice. Very, very nice!
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

D9

I think it needs one of my 213's up the front.

Herr E Pleine.
      To the obsessed. 'Get a life'.

Comment

Are you sure you don't mean your 213 needs a Fw190D to attach to it? Would be a great addition to the Hairywaffe :diablo:

Comment

A few photos of one of the FW D9's from a recent visit to Germany.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FW-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	3590826

Name:	FW-2.jpg
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	3590827

Name:	FW-3.jpg
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	3590828

Name:	FW-4.jpg
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	3590829

Very nice aeroplane indeed. Lucky man who gets to keep one of these in his hangar.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            Are you sure you don't mean your 213 needs a Fw190D to attach to it? Would be a great addition to the Hairywaffe :diablo:
            Hes got a 190. G-DORA. I will leave it down to Hairyplane to tell you how much though.

Comment

That itty bitty little Allison looks lost in there!

I was wondering what the difference in power is between an Allison and a Jumo 213?
              Have YOU used the "Will it be at Legends" joke yet today?

Comment

Seems odd to have gone to such lengths to create a beautiful replica but then not put any armament in it - or signs of armament such as gun ports, etc.

Or have I missed something?
                Who's the bloke in your avatar?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJ93VyKHpc

Comment

Originally posted by James D View Post
                  That itty bitty little Allison looks lost in there!

I was wondering what the difference in power is between an Allison and a Jumo 213?

Jumo 213 was the same cubic capacity as the Sabre and Griffon, slightly less in fact at 35 litres vs 36 litres of the allied units, and had a normal output of 1800hp. This was the same as a Merlin 66 at plus 18lbs or the single stage Griffon in the Spit MkXII or Seafire XV and XVII.

The wartime Allisons produced 1100 to 1400hp, and it was not until the twin Mustang that they produced 2000hp.

The Jumo 213 could be rated up to 2200hp with MW50 but 2000hp was a more often used high rating. The Jumo revved to 3,200rpm at full power which was high for a production V12 of this size.

The Griffon could go to 2500hp @25lbs and the Sabre was rated at 2600hp and 3055 hp on special fuels. The small 27litre Merlin66 produced 2000hp @25 lbs boost on a regular basis and the 100 series replacement for the 66 was certified for service use @ 2,200hp @ 30lbs before the war ended and orders cancelled.
                  TN

Comment

Originally posted by 682al View Post
                    Seems odd to have gone to such lengths to create a beautiful replica but then not put any armament in it - or signs of armament such as gun ports, etc.

Or have I missed something?
                    I understand that the terms of the design certification under the German approval body precludes the fitting of armaments or the means to install armaments.

There is a pre-drilled bulkhead plate on the spar webs where a 'dummy' cannon barrel may be mounted in the correct location if desired, though not a through hole for a complete weapon. I'm sure the cowlings would feature a similar type of practical detail.

Flug Werk and their design team have gone to incredible lengths to make these airframes as accurate and authentic as practicable within the constraints of the available contemporary engines today.

I found out recently from the design team that the original undercarriage legs had a design life of about 30 hours which was more than adequate for the airframe/pilot life expectancy at that time. Flug Werk has re-designed and manufactured the legs and the internals of their main gear components to modern standards and materials with off the shelf seals and components thus allowing increased safety in operation and a 'normal' service life. They also have engineered an emergency extension system where as the originals relied on gravity alone with de-clutching the electric drive motors.

A few more pics including an A8 in the production line.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by AndyG; 23rd March 2007, 19:15.

Comment

I understand that the terms of the design certification under the German approval body precludes the fitting of armaments or the means to install armaments.
                      Thanks AndyG,

A bit of the old Politische Korrektheit perhaps?
                      Who's the bloke in your avatar?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJ93VyKHpc

Comment

I guess Germany is still careful not to offend anyone. Some still think of them as the enemy. last night I saw a youngster on the telly saying he liked Churchill "because he killed lots of Germans, witch is good".
                        Magister Aviation
                        It's all in my book

Comment

Great seeing the Dora take shape, it looks superb. Shame they're pusing the Alison but I suppose it keeps the costs down.
                          There's still time to arm it I suppose and hope they do. I also hope it gets the quality latewar paintjob it deserves

Comment

Working...
                          X