Connie visits Duxford today

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

If everything goes according plan, the Connie of the Aviodome will make a stop at Duxford this afternoon. Eta is somewhere around 4 pm.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Connie visits Duxford today

Am I right in thinking it is to stay overnight? What time/day is it due to depart - do you have any more up-to-date news?

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 24-09-02 AT 10:34 AM (GMT)]I think it will stay overnight. No further news other than that it made a very good ferry so far, and hopefully the flight from Iceland to the UK is going just as well. It must have taken off by now. Check www.aviodome.nl for the latest news and the routeplanning. It is under Connie's Comeback.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is there anywhere, where i can see any pictures of this aircraft? :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

www.aviodome.nl

Member for

24 years 3 months

I have just heard that the Connie is stuck in Iceland and will not be at Duxford any earlier than Wednesday now.

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 24-09-02 AT 02:31 PM (GMT)]What's wrong, why is it still in Iceland? I have included a shot of it in April, while still in Arizona. The Super Connie in the foreground is expected in Europe in the summer of 2003.
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3d9076f72ffb87d2.jpg

Member for

24 years 3 months

No worries Damien :) Hopefully it (and me) will be at Duxford tomorrow...

RogerS, no idea why it's returned to Iceland; it's apparently 'gone tech' but to what extent I don't know.