Dark Blue World

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just wondered how many of you BoB film fans have seen Dark Blue World. It contains loads of footage shot for BoB, some not used in the film. Mix that with shots of two real Spits (not CGI) filmed last year and it makes a great film.
It's never going to be as good as BoB but I never got to see that on the big screen. I'm getting to see Dark Blue World for a third time at a cinema in Watford this Wednesday, I wish they would re-release BoB...

Peter

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Dark Blue World

Peter

Dark Blue Sky hasn't landed in Oz yet, probably won't get to see it until 2003...

Hope it's worth the wait.

Regards

Wombat

Member for

24 years 2 months

It was on for TWO days in town here. That's the only time I heard of it locally. I found out the day after. I am fed up.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Likewise,here in West London I couldn't find a cinema that was showing it at all.Guess I'll have to wait for the video/DVD.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yeah, funny that.
The only cinema I could find in London showing it was a little back street one in Leicester Square. By the time I got around to it it was gone.

If your interested in BoB and Dark Blue World I would keep an eye on the NFT (National File Theatre, Embankment near Waterloo Bridge) website. They show lots of old films with commentary from IWM etc. I saw Saving Private Ryan (the first 40 minutes) and then a comparison with real Normandy footage and a talk from the Imperial War Museum. Well worth the £7 I paid.

Incidentally I have seen all of Private Ryan at the Cinema, front row. Awesome!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Your right Ant, it didn't get a very wide release. I saw it in Harrow when it was first released but they only had it for one week. It's on in Watford this Wednesday, but only for one day.
I'll be getting the DVD, but you can't beat seeing it on the big screen.

Peter

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've taken up the invitation to the charity screening of DBW at Duxford at the end of the month - it's being shown in the old cinema and the price includes all day entrance to Duxford.
It's in aid of the Mark Hanna Research Fellowship so a good cause benefits also. I missed DBW when it first came out, so a fine opportunity to get to see the film in the old 'Astra' cinema.

Member for

24 years 2 months

>Dark Blue Sky hasn't landed in Oz yet, probably won't get to
>see it until 2003...
>
>Hope it's worth the wait.
>
>Regards
>
>Wombat

Tell me about it! Why the delay???

Regards, Glenn.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Glenn

Judging by the short releases in the UK, it might never make it to cinemas out here. We might have to wait for the DVD.

Wombat