Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latin American Aviation

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyer View Post
    Dear Wieesso and Fatcivvy !

Thank You for Your participation in discussion about Venezuelan Hellcat (and Wildcat).
    Yes, mr Fatcivvy, this FM-2 is very small "passenger" aircraft, and I even saw the photos of this Wildcat's interior somewhere on the Net.

And so, dear misters - can we consider the discussion about Venezuelan Hellcat closed ? Or not ? What are Your opinions ?

I think, it is most probably, that this FM-2 Wildcat YV-T-OTO/YV-T-HTJ was mistakenly recognized as Hellcat - exteriors of these planes are similar, and even their names are similar (by "-cat" letters).

Flyer.
    The Wildcat was certainly a very unusual aircraft to put passenger seats in. But each to their own, I suppose.

Apart from that, I think that we've just about exhausted this subject. Unless somebody else knows differently.......

Cheers,

FC

Comment

Dornier Nordatlas 2501 Folks:

Good day!

Looking for info/data & pics on one elusive Salvadorean ( FAS )sample Dornier Nordatlas in service with FAS c. late 1960s. Poss Israeli or French origen & similar in scheme to the French sample below. Tks.

Last edited by fah619; 6th October 2013, 19:30. Reason: add data

Comment

Scooter:

Good day!

The French, Argentina, El Salvador, Honduras & poss N. Zealand.

Comment

Guess you mean Nord N.2501 Noratlas...nevertheless, I haven't seen an image of a FAS Noratlas.

Martin

Comment

P-51 Folks:

Good Day!

Found this interesting bare metal scheme P-51 with poss S.of the Border connections. Does it look like a Cavalier sample to you?? Photo AEC. D. Perez & D. Roman. Maybe someone may come up with more detail or angles, Plz Ukn c, 1980s. Tks

Comment

That tail fin does indeed look Cavalier style.
              Aviation Art & Photography
              www.AviationArt.aero

...also for custom prints and t-shirts
              Or find me on Facebook

Comment

Skyraider3D:

Good day!

Tks! We suspected the same. Maybe some other angles or pics may come up.

p,s ..in another subject, do you have pics of Maj. Fisher SEA rescue A1-E c. 1968??

Comment

Originally posted by fah619 View Post
                  p,s ..in another subject, do you have pics of Maj. Fisher SEA rescue A1-E c. 1968??
                  I'm afraid not. I found this, but no period photos:
                  http://skyraider.org/skyassn/fisher/fishermoh.htm
                  www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

Skyraider3D:

Tks for the A-1E info & data.

p.s I'm also looking for pics/data of the Swedish AF P-51s that went to Nicaragua c. 1940s. Tks

Comment

I assume you know the Costa Rican Mustang photos on Google LIFE already?

More info on the Cavalier Mustang, via a friend and Cavalier Mustang expert: "It's one of the "Field Services"-built Mustang IIs built for the Indonesians in 1972."
                      Last edited by Skyraider3D; 30th November 2013, 23:46.
                      www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

(double post)
                        Last edited by Skyraider3D; 30th November 2013, 23:44.
                        www.AviationArt.aero

Or find me on Facebook

Comment

Skyraider3d:

Good day!

Thank you so much for these nice findings of Costa Rican P-51s. I've seen a few....& now tks to your link we can see the whole tree! They were sent there c.1955 during some border conflicts with Nicaragua. The planes got there but there were no CR pilots trained to fly'em. That took some time & accidents. I'm glad LIFE was able to capture these nice images. We'll try to ID the pilots/maint people with the CR forum folks. Have a few pics whne they got back to the US c. 1957-58.

Should you find a similar link of the Swedish Mustangs shipped to Nicaragua c, 1950s plz let em know!

Tks again!!

Comment

Spitfire Folks:

Good day!

Among the many UK built aircraft that found their way across the pond is this unique & interesting sample of a Spitfire MK.XI. Reg LV-NMZ.

It was flown by Cpt James E. Storey to Rosario, Argentina c. 1947 to be used as a test camera plane. It crashed c. 1951 and later was scrapped for lack of spares. Will attempt to get other angles/details of this fine flying machine S. of the border.

Comment

Swedish/Nicaraguan P-51 (post # 129)

see the beginning of 'remarks & notes " in ;http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=403020

friendly, Etienne

Comment

Kervin:

Good day!

Tks for the info & data! It help us to cross-reference certain tail #s. This aircraft for instance has a quite interesting life-span as a P-51!! Tks for sharing it!!

Comment

FAS P-51 Folks:

..what we believe to be the poss Cavalier TF-51 FAS 400 while being rebuilt in the US. c. 1977. Photo via AEC.

Comment

P-51 Folks:

An interesting sample of a Costa Rican AF GNCR P-51 #3 (1 of 4) AF sent c.1955 during a border conflict with Nicaragua. A P-38 & an Avenger were also on the pkg.

Comment

and this one was # 2 ;
                                      ....................................Click image for larger version

Name:	12982fc5c5d3a4dd_large-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	3649930

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=36220

friendly, Etienne
                                      Last edited by KERVYN; 9th December 2013, 19:13.

Comment

K:

Good day! Tks for the info & data of these S. of the border P-51s!

Now we have a clear pic of #2. CR P-51 Reg #1 crashed while on a ferry flight back to the US in Nicaragua c. 1964. Reg 6170U for the record. Will dig for a pic of #1, Tks

Comment

Working...
                                        X