24 years 2 months

Just seen this over on the WIX forum.

http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4434

Paul

Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

Fatal Mustang Crash At Oshkosh

Sorry to have to say this but today at Oshkosh a P-51D went down killing the pilot. Te aircraft was Donnie-Mite.

A very bad week :(

My prayers go out to his family

RER

Member for

19 years 3 months

gosh, those images of the wreck.. :(
According to an eyewitness he was flying a 4 ships formation, then went inverted and dived without recovering :(
What a bad year for aviation... :(

Alex

Member for

20 years 6 months

gosh, those images of the wreck.. :(
According to an eyewitness he was flying a 4 ships formation, then went inverted and dived without recovering :(
What a bad year for aviation... :(

Alex

I was thinking the same about the wreckage, Im also thinking its been a bad year in general not just in aviation.
The highlight for me was getting married on July 8th but either side of that has been pretty bad, Even the weather is depressing here now and all im hearing all day is sirens.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Our first day at Oshkosh was the tuesday and we enjoyed chatting with everybody and photographing the Stangs including DonnaMite. The pilot executed (as part of a four ship) a lovely and fitting missing man formation and went off towards Fond du Lac.

Either I, or more likely, Geedee will post a piccy of Donnamite et al in happier times on Tuesday.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Skybolt.

Why have you added this to a thread which is two years old and which refers to another accident entirely?

Regards,

kev35