The US Naval History Center plan

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

Hi All of my FP friends I post this over here for the reason that if you read the plan you will see and area that alot of you none Americans can help out with. If you have anyquestion please feel free to post either here or over on the Wix thread.

First we need to have everyone onboard when I me everyone this means the EAA,CAF, The Smithsonian, every type of Aviation Museum large and small along with the major players you know who you are.

Now how and what should we do, well here are my ideas some are new ones and some are ones I have spoken about.

1) Start a petition online and make a paper version for those who would like to attend airshow and solicited signatures. The goal of this to gather 5 million over the next year and present it to Congress and the Chief of Naval Operations and to various media outlets.
2) Get the Media on are side this means start a media blitz by running newspaper adds getting major media outlets like Fox, CNN, 60 minutes.
3) We must reach out to the main stream Archaeology to help with this problem they have ways and means to help us press this cause with very powerful folks.
4) We need to establish permit groups that will help over see all Aviation Archaeology in the States sort of like the British Aviation Archaeology Society.

Now I know some of these ideas are radical and may not be what some of you where thinking about but we must try to do these things.

Now for are friends overseas how can you help with the cause well since the Naval History Center claims that they own all US Naval Aircraft world wide then what you guys need to do is to have your Government challenge them to either recover or relinquish claims the ways you can go about this is having your National historical Group challenge the US Navy claims in your local courts. I know this sounds radical but if we can get the Navy to give up its claim on stuff in Australia and England then this might help are cause here in the States.

Now I’m willing to sit down and personally send out letters to any and all Aviation Groups at my cost to get them to join are cause. All I ask is that everyone give me a little latitude in these dealings. My thought is the first show for the petition should be Oshkosh this year.

Well folks what do you all think.

Cheers
RER

Original post