Duxford Electrician

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 3 months

So, there I am, trying to work, when an electrician comes in to test all the plugs on the electricals in my office. Deep sigh, off goes the PC. :mad:

"Is that a Hurricane?" he asks, pointing to the picture of me by one of the BBMF Spitfires. He is forgiven as he goes on to relate his previous job hunting for electical points around the hangers at Dx, and crawling around inside the Lanc/Vulcan/Shack checking the electrics, as they apparently have dehumidifyers inside.

His main recollection was how cramped the Vulcan was, and how much space there was inside the Lanc!

Anyone else been inside the Shack?

DS

Original post

Member for

18 years 9 months

I haven't been inside DX's shack, but I've had the pleasure of walking through Newark's.

He's right about the Vulcan too!

Mark

Member for

24 years 2 months

I summise this may be the pat 'trician that I had a natter with a few weeks ago when he was testing things around the Duxford restoration hangar...we were both waiting for a torrential downpour to cease so we could get to the next hangar.
At the time he was particularly fascinated with the ex Skyfame Oxford and TSR 2.

Sounds like it's a testing task that gets him to some interesting places.!!

Clive.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Something similar,

A few months ago at work (office job) a guy from the servicedesk comes up to my desk to replace my computer that is having trouble. He looks at my screensaver and says:Isn't that a Halifax?

I was stunned :eek: :eek: :eek: and all I could say is: How do you know?
He told me that there are more aircraft around then the Lancaster. I liked him on the spot and he replaced my computer swiftly too.

Cheers

Cees

Member for

24 years 2 months

Anyone else been inside the Shack?

DS

I flew in one for during my ATC days. My hearing has never been the same since. No thought of ear defenders in those times.

Moggy

Member for

20 years 9 months

Does he wire aircraft? :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Does he wire aircraft? :D

Why?? do you need an electrician then........ :)

Member for

20 years 9 months

No but i know somebody who could of done with one. :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Let me Guess!!!

Member for

20 years 9 months

:) now now

I put the dehumidifier in the Shack, it is looking much better for the work a small crew is putting into it at the moment