In Peru and....

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 1 month

... I can't find any historic aircraft! I've snapped a pic or two of a an old Russian-made jet on a concrete pole at the military base in Arequipa (despite the law here stating I can spend 4 years in prison for this) but have yet to see anything with a prop.

As such a well travelled bunch... any suggestions? (off to Lima next, then North to Ecuador)

Thanks
APC104

Original post

Member for

18 years 10 months

There's always the Grissom Aviation Museum in Peru... Indiana....

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hi--

In a park in, I think, Lima, there is a North American NA-50 on a pylon as a memorial to a Peruvian AF pilot who was killed in combat in an NA-50. The pylon bird is the sole survivor of the few NA-50s built (though there have been a number of nice quasi-replicas converted from Harvards/Texans, and one original NA-68/P-64 survives with the EAA). I'm told there is also an EE Canberra on display, probably also in the Lima area.

Cheers

S.

Member for

24 years 2 months

APC 104,

There is a very fine Military Museum in Lima.

Access is by prior permission.

I got the gal at our hotel to ring through. The number three years back was 014 433 5033.

Campo de Marte S/N
Jesus Maria
Lima

About 10Km south of the city.

They have a secondary line up of historics that is actually on the live side of the military airfield and they were a bit reluctant to let you get too close.

The Douglas DB-8A-3P is probably the most interesting exhibit.

Mark

Member for

19 years 1 month

Steve T & Mark 12 - excellent leads. Thanks alot. I´m arriving in Lima on Monday. I´ll put a call in to that number and see what I can do.

Thanks again.
APC104 :)