Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THANKS EBAY! FOR SCREWING THINGS UP!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TEXANTOMCAT
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2004

THANKS EBAY! FOR SCREWING THINGS UP!

No longer a nice easy aviation section now automotive parts other and collectables - transportation!!!!

GGRRRRRR

Why didnt they leave things alone!!!!

Our Beech 18 & T-6@www.beechrestorations.com
    Visit Sywell Aviation Museum @
    www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/museum.php
    Sywell Airshow 17.8.2014
  • Dave T
    • Jan 2004

Agreed.... have you noticed they constantly like to change and muck it up when its perfectly ok ?

Shame 'they' dont notice though.

Is anyone here a Powerseller ?

If so, they can email eBay for a human (sic) response.

(Tut... now all the Harrier parts are in with the Ford variety)

Comment

• 682al
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2000

I despair of eBay ever getting the aviation stuff into one, easy-to-access category.

It's a real ball-ache having to choose which category to put some of my stuff in and, because there are so many categories which might contain aeronautica, it would take a day to trawl thru it all as a bidder. The result is you stand to lose sales and purchases, in equal measure!

It's a crock of er........and don't get me started on paypal!
      Who's the bloke in your avatar?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJ93VyKHpc

Comment

• andrewman
        The worm that turned
        • Mar 2003

Move over to EBID, it don't cost a lot and its ten tiems better than Ebay.

www.ebid.tv
        for my myaviation .net photosClick here

Comment

• FLY.BUY
          Clear-Water-Islands
          • Jun 2004

Very frustrating sorting through car bits and pieces to get to what you want. Reminds me of Popham Aerojumble!

Comment

• Bruce
            Independent analyst
            • Jan 2000

Firstly, thanks TT for the heads up, having been in the lake district for a week, I would have struggled to find where they had put it!

However, I have to say that this should make life easier for us all - If you have an aircraft part, then put it in aircraft parts (subcategory - easily searchable). If its anything else, put it in Collectables/Transportation/Aeronautica

It actually reduces the number of categories that one has to search through - makes my life easier!

Hmm, Ebid - just how long is a company which doesnt charge for its services going to last.... and they have very, very few items compared to Ebay!

Bruce

Comment

• 682al
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2000

Yes, but Aircraft Parts already existed as a sub-category anyway, within Everything Else>Aviation. There were also sub-categories for >Pilots Gear and >Other Aviation Items, so what's happened to them?

And besides >Transportation>Aeronautica, much aircraft/aviation related stuff turns up elsewhere.

Have a wander thru Collectables>Militaria> and all it's many, many sub-categories, and you'll find loads of stuff, including aircraft parts which aren't listed in >Aircraft Parts!

The trouble is, if you're just surfing for interesting items, rather than searching for a particular piece, it will take you all day to wade thru it all.

Got to agree about Ebid, though, which is a shame, as Ebay needs some proper competition.
              Who's the bloke in your avatar?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJ93VyKHpc

Comment

• RotarWing
                • Apr 2005

Your forgetting one important factor people. At the end of the day its eBay, the have a knack for screwing things up.

Comment

• Bruce
                  Independent analyst
                  • Jan 2000

Alan,

Yes, I know what you mean, but I have now decided that if you want to sell me something, it is your responsibility to list it in the right place! I stopped looking in Militaria, as it was starting to take too long every day.

So, now I will look in Aircraft Parts, and Aeronautica, do a generic search on de Havilland, and that will be me. Anything falling outside that wont get bought!!

Bruce

PS That said, I was alerted to a pair of Comet control columns in Sporting Goods, which I picked up for fifty quid...!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                  X