WW2 Weekend - East Fortune - 4/5 June

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

I'm planning on attending this event with my other half, so was wondering whether anyone fancied a meet-up there?

Original post

Member for

19 years 2 months

Any idea what might be flying by on the day?? Not seen anything much about it. The museum web site says :-

Big Days Out
From classic cars to haunted hangars, enjoy a great day out for all the family
Sat 4, Sun 5 June
All day
All ages
Adult £6
Conc £5
Child 12 and under free
NMS Members 20% discount
Booking advisable
World War II Weekend
Immerse yourself in the 1940s with displays from flying Second World War aircraft, military vehicles and forces personnel. Step back in time and enjoy a nostalgic day out for all the family with music, dance and entertainment of the era.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Where's our resident East Fortune chap when you need him??

Not sure which day I'll be there - having to rely on others for transport :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 6 months

Daz,

The 108 (Nord) is displaying, but I don't have details of other aircraft attending...

Hope to see you there maybe.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Ooh baby! Having never seen a '108 in the flesh before, I shall look forward to seeing both the aircraft and yourself! :)

Member for

20 years 6 months

I phoned today to find out but they were a bit cagey - everything's weather permitting etc. Said I understood and wouldn't hold them to it and got a reasonable list including :-

Tiger Moth
Magister
Hurricane
Messerschmitt (which must be the 108)
Catalina
Hurricane
Spitfire
and Mustang.

Can these all operate from East Fortune (presume not the Cat)? If not anyone know where they might be.

I'm going on the Saturday and the wife's offered to come with me so probably won't arrange to meet up but will say hello to any familiar faces!

Member for

19 years 2 months

As in previous years I presume, nothing will be landing just doing fly bys. If the aircraft are attending for both days they may stop over somewhere like Turnhouse where they will be far away from anybody but most likely any "locals" eg Tiger Moth may go home and the others may just appear on either the Saturday or the Sunday.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Perhaps TAIFUN could let us know when the Nord is going to appear ie both days and if its staying over anywhere. I would like to know in case I am doing circuits during any display. I am unaware of any NOTAMS about that weekend so far.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The good lady and I will be there Daz , dinner and a few beers down in North Berwick afterwards ?? :)

Member for

20 years 7 months

I'll see what I'm doing afterwards - it's my grandad and my best mate's birthday the same day (4th June)!! :rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 5 months

I haven't decided if I am going yet. With the roadworks on the Forth Road bridge long delays are inevitable. I could go via Kincardine but that adds another hour to the journey, becuase there's roadworks on that route as well.

When the Blenheim bomber was up at East Fortune a few years ago it stayed overnight at Glenrothes Airport, just five minutes from my doorstep. So that's one possibility for an aircraft to stay over.

Alex

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'll see what I'm doing afterwards - it's my grandad and my best mate's birthday the same day!! :rolleyes:

We're spending the weekend in the caravan just outside North Berwick ( :dev2: Gilsland) - 5mins from EF with a fridge full of tinnies !! , hope it's BBQ weather !!

Member for

20 years 7 months

Bump!

So, what shall we do then? I'm going on the Saturday with my other half and grandad, so shall we meet up someplace?

Member for

20 years 7 months

There is also:
Harvard
TWO P51s
Yak 11

Me108 originally booked for 14:46 display.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Looking good - wonder which Mustangs they'll be?

Member for

20 years 7 months

Apparently there will also tbe the opportunity to join in jive, jitterbug and swing dance classes - interesting! :p

Member for

20 years 5 months

"Susy" and "BBD" - long way for BBD to go.

Member for

19 years 2 months

So far these have been booked into Edinburgh for parking/handling over the weekend.

G-HAEC 1030 Mustang
G-BTVB 1030 YAK 11
G-TVIJ 1200 Harvard
G-PBYA 1300 Catalina
G-CTIX 1700 Spitfire

Member for

19 years 6 months

So can anyone give a 'complete' list of whats displaying?

Member for

19 years 2 months

No doubt we will find out after the weekend! Best check the weather Saturday looks not too good at present but 2 good days in a row means its summer!!!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Mustang and Hurri' launching and recovering to Breighton each day to participate in our own fly-in.