Control tower or Watch office thread

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

"And now for something completey different"

Hey Chaps how about starting a new thread with Control tower piccies both abandoned and in use? One catch though, they must be wartime type....!

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think we'd have to try very hard to better this site

WW2 Watch Offices

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mind you, I did snap this at the weekend.

Anyone want a guess?

Moggy

Attachments

Member for

20 years 1 month

Bodney?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Naw, that would be too easy.

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

knowing that some of our more nervous members may be afraid of ghosts and thus avoiding that particular thread, i shall repost here :)

Member for

21 years 1 month

tried to get a picture of this one but someone parked an aircraft in the way.. :D
Neil

Attachments

Member for

19 years 5 months

This one is at Parham.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Back in april 98 i was started working at RAF feltwell for 3 months, i remember as i drove home one afternoon looking between a couple of the hangars there was a nose section of an aircraft on a lorry looked like a viscount or similar would anyone on here know what it was or if its still there now?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Moggy - not Feltwell?

Speaking of Feltwell, these might be of interest to you:

No, not Feltwell.

I know Paul Garland's site on the village very well. But I haven't checked for a while and there is some interesting new stuff there. Thanks for prompting the visit.

Moggy

Member for

20 years

Hi All,

Like to add some Yank stuff,

This is from NAAS Sanford Maine, first one is the Last intact unchange US Navy WWII Tower on the East Coast of the States. I along with a few others help the owner get it put on the National Historical Registery. They are in the process of restoring it back to the WWII standers and if things go right we might have a new musuem opening up in a few years.

The second one is what is left of the Aux.Tower it is sitting in a compound next to the WWII Hangers.

Cheers
RER

Attachments

Member for

20 years 9 months

Hi All,

Like to add some Yank stuff,

This is from NAAS Sanford Maine, first one is the Last intact unchange US Navy WWII Tower on the East Coast of the States. I along with a few others help the owner get it put on the National Historical Registery. They are in the process of restoring it back to the WWII standers and if things go right we might have a new musuem opening up in a few years.

The second one is what is left of the Aux.Tower it is sitting in a compound next to the WWII Hangers.

Cheers
RER

Nice Pics Rob ;) Anna

Member for

24 years 3 months

Probably worth adding the Debach one in. The work on restoring it is certainly showing through.

There is an open day in June, see here: http://www.493bgdebach.co.uk/ for details and pictures.

I believe a certain p51 will be about on the open day as well.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Don't you think that Duxford would benefit from the traditional design of "glass house" as featured in Guzzineil's photo? I guess it would be more roomy. Discuss...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Don't you think that Duxford would benefit from the traditional design of "glass house" as featured in Guzzineil's photo? I guess it would be more roomy. Discuss...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

~Bang bang bang bang bang bang~

~Rubs forehead~ ;)

Seriously though, I believe the current structure is there for practical reasons, but I'm sure there are other Duxfordites with a better idea than me :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mind you, I did snap this at the weekend.

Anyone want a guess?

Moggy

Woolfox Lodge?

Member for

19 years 7 months

Sorry.It had been a long day.........

Ken.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Here are some of my photos.....

Attachments

Member for

24 years 3 months

Where is this taken Mark V? What an impressive structure!!