Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggin Hill Festival of Flight Aug 17 18 2019

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trolly Aux
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2006

Biggin Hill Festival of Flight Aug 17 18 2019

Looks like a good compliment

https://britishairshows.com/biggin-h...t-airshow.html
    Last edited by Trolly Aux; 13th August 2019, 14:38.
    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
    TA out
  • Brenden S
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Dec 2016

Has anyone attended this show in the past? I am heading there on Saturday and just wondering if there is much of a point getting there any earlier than an hour before flying starts?

Comment

• Black Knight
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Oct 2003

I went to the 1st one & after 3 & a half hours just to get out the car park at the end I vowed never to return.

Comment

• hampden98
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Sep 2009

I always judge an airshow on it's content rather then the access and egress.

I'm going to Biggin Saturday as I love the venue. One I attended for many years from 1977 onwards.
        Get out of bed earlier to miss the entrance queues. I always plan to arrive at any show by 09:30, certainly no later than 10:30.
        Hang around after the show to pick up a few bargains and catch those warm evening colours.
        I normally drive straight in and out again but then it's no misfortune to be stuck at a former WW2 airfield. Might see a few ghosts.

It may have been Biggin Hill a few years ago when the Sea Vixen attended. Sadly the pilot was ill and it didn't display however those that didn't rush home
        were treated to a very nice take off, vertical climb with a roll off the top. There's also the chance of a returning aircraft making an appearance.

Sometimes it's good to wait around.

Comment

• Black Knight
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Oct 2003

I've always arrived early & left late. Always arrive at a site by 07:30 & leave when told too by people clearing the sight. The year I went was the iirc the 1st Festival, it was in & out by 1 gate. Queued out in the residential street until the gate opened, then stood in a queue to enter from the car park. Once we got to the car which was at 18:15, we joined the line of cars & hardly moved, as I said, it was 21:45 by the time we drove out the gate.

Comment

• Brenden S
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Dec 2016

Sounds like the trick is to arrive and leave early then. Thanks for the tips folks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X