Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some really cruddy Spitfire Mk1 relics to (possibly) ID

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Newman
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Aug 2010

Some really cruddy Spitfire Mk1 relics to (possibly) ID

Hi all,

Was having a major tidy up and a couple of bits that came from a Mk1 dig had me curious. I know there are some real experts on here (who hopefully like a challenge!) and would be grateful for any help so I can label them and ensure any relevant details can be recorded and are not lost.

The first three look like the base of small quadrant. I was wondering if it could be badly damaged undercarriage one without the casing showing 'Chassis Down' etc but as I am not sure what lurks under housing have no idea if I am barking completely up the wrong tree and its simply a linkage...

The next is obviously pipe but the red rubber stop made me think it may be possible to get an idea of where it was from approx.

The next is obviously a spring on painted black section. I tried searching drawings for where such springs/dampener could have been but couldn't find anything.

The last item is a small cover, to start with I thought perhaps cockpit based but am now thinking some kind of electrical cover but was not something I had seen in the huge 'bin' of pieces from this dig.

Apologies if they to cruddy for any sensible answers or simple bits that I should have been able to find out myself but thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Kind regards
    Steve

Attached Files
  • thedawnpatrol
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2009

Hi Steve
    well as i'm the first to read this i had better reply, the first is i think the Radiator flap connecting arm ? second, pipe connection could be from the Glycol tank drain, the spring item is part of the Wireless mounting, and the final photos are the top of the Blind Flying Panel mounting on the instrument panel............
    hope this helps..........

Jules

Comment

• Steve Newman
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Aug 2010

Thank you Jules really appreciate your help.

The blind flying mounting is interesting as I know who has that section from the first time this aircraft was dig so be interesting to perhaps reunite it. Might be necessary to dig deeper into the buckets and see what else stands out as being a little different...

Many thanks
      Steve

Comment

• trumper
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Aug 2003

If you have a data plate you have a flyable aircraft project . Hope you find some more historic pieces.

Comment

• hawker1966
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Nov 2010

Hi Steve
          It would be great to see any other items from the same Spitfire dig, as i like this kind of thread as it helps to identify relics for future generations from a small washer to substantial finds.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
          X