Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one in between is unknown

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romantic Techno
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jul 2010

The one in between is unknown

Hi all,

I got another "French" problem. Obviously, I miss something from the late 30s. Or I am a bit blind, what happens every now and then. Now take a look at the picture: rightmost there is the Bloch MB 160 4-engined prototype. Leftmost I see a Potez 630. The little thing right to it could be a Caudron racer. Right to it, there stands the Bloch MB 220 airliner. But what is between MB 220 and MB 160?

It seems to have a long canopy. This shows the Bloch MB 174. But the latter has a double tailfin. For an Amiot 354 or stuff, it is a bit too plump (for the MB 174 either) The Amiot also should wear its characteristic triangular tailfin. Douglas A-20 Havoc sent to France? Is shoulder-wing configurated, here we see a low-wing aircraft.

Sorry, I have no idea. Do you? Thank you for every answer! Picture is from aviadejavu.ru. Click image for larger version

Name:	MS 405 zooms aviadejavuru.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	3868702

Regards, RT

• Tony C
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2003

Is it a Digby Mk.I (Boeing Bolo?)?
    Tony

...and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in Space cos there's bugg*r all down here on Earth!

Comment

• John Aeroclub
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jul 2006

The Fulgur like wing suggests to me it's a Breguet. (Vultur)

John
      Last edited by John Aeroclub; 23rd July 2019, 13:33.

Comment

• Graham Boak
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Nov 2008

Possibly a Breguet 462 Vultur rather than a 460, which is (slightly) more normally seen? The nose appears a bit shallow, and I'm not sure about the height of the engines above the wings nor the tail, but even if these are "off" there's nothing that couldn't be seen on a prototype that didn't otherwise get photographed?

Comment

• Romantic Techno
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jul 2010

Yes, I think it could be a Breguet 462. Normally, one thinks it has a vertical nose. But there are pictures on the net that show a version with a more rounded tip. So thank you!

Regards, RT

Comment

• longshot
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Aug 2008

The cutting is from a 1937 Flight feature , 2 pages separated by 4 pages of adverts.
            https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarch...0-%203444.html
            https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarch...0-%203449.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X