Lockheed-Vega-Style Aircraft Please Help to Name

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 8 months

Hi friends,

it looks like another time I need your help to identify an aircraft. Its resemblance to the Lockheed Vega 1 is striking - but I say it is none. Main differences are: the Vega has much more fuselage windows, while the one shown only has three. It also has much more cowling slots than the Vega uses to have. Speculations about patent infringement or industrial espionage may come up. I cannot remember where the picture is from, but it seems to be in a French context. I only know there was one other aircraft being tried to find (photograph style the same like in the shown picture, maybe same photographer) - which is clearly a Potez 29. The hint "snetteam.org" delivers a website, which showed no effect to me by efforts of branching.

Do you have any idea what is shown in the picture? Thank you very much for every anser!

Regards, RT

Attachments
Original post

Member for

16 years 7 months

A rather nice photograph of the Bernard 18T (an afterthought - it's probably the Bernard 18GR 'Oiseau Tango' F-AIKV).

Member for

13 years 8 months

Thank you AA!!!

But - I checked aviafrance.com - to find that it is not the 18T, but the neigbouring plane, the 18GR "Oiseau Tango"...! Although the differences are little, the T shows four windows on the port side. My picture shows the aicraft's starboard side, there are only three windows. OK, the number of windows possibly differs on each side, but not probably. There also doesn't seem to be the slightest difference between my picture an aviafrance's of the GR.

But thanks again, and regards,
RT