Part ID and makers stamp. WWII US ??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 5 months

Can anyone assist with the ID of this part. Obviously some sort of control unit. Lots of stamps and part numbers but none of which I have identified. Possibly American WWII ??

Attachments
Original post

Member for

12 years 5 months

Somewhat surprised I've managed to confound members with this one. I thought it would be an easy spot for someone considering the unique design of the makers stamp

Member for

12 years 5 months

I'm led to believe that this could be from a Blackburn Skua
Anybody familiar with this type of aircraft and its associated part numbers or makers stamps

Member for

19 years 1 month

The Small Inspection stamp with the Stylised Propeller Blades is Blackburn.(BA = Blackburn Aircraft)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tInsp Stamps.JPG Views:\t0 Size:\t112.2 KB ID:\t3868182","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3868182","data-size":"full","title":"Insp Stamps.JPG"}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

16 years 2 months

Landing lamp dipping lever perhaps(item 12)?

Some of the stamps certainly seem to suggest Blackburn?

Attachments

Member for

19 years 1 month

Image from Gracesguide.co.uk

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Blackburn Aircraft.JPG","data-attachmentid":3868188}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

12 years 5 months

I was sent this picture of the item on its original bracket

Attachments

Member for

5 years 9 months

Bazv. I'm most taken by your list of inspection stamp info. Has there ever been any comprehensive list of UK inspection stamps, which as far as I'm concerned is absolutely essential in identifying bits and pieces, or is it time for us all to put one together?
Apologies for changing the subject.
Feroxeng

Member for

19 years 1 month

Bazv. I'm most taken by your list of inspection stamp info. Has there ever been any comprehensive list of UK inspection stamps, which as far as I'm concerned is absolutely essential in identifying bits and pieces, or is it time for us all to put one together?
Apologies for changing the subject.
Feroxeng

Hi Ferox
I cannot take any credit for it - I had meant to post a link !

It is not a complete list and there will be variations !

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/thread...-stamps.40405/