A real stab in the dark Hawker Hurricane dig 1981?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 4 months

Hi
This one is a real stab in the dark, but i acquired a box of Hawker Hurricane relics that included the cockpit foot plate early Battle of Britain rudder pedals a hinged wooden type bracket (this was posted on a previous thread for i.d.) lastly a wooden panel that has attached the Main fuse 60 Amp on the other side of the is an electrical connector AM reference 5c/431.

Sadly the identity of the aircraft and relics have been lost over the years but was told these were all from the same Hurricane.

My question is on the last relic i mentioned there is a very old label stating (From Hurricane wreck 1981)

As i had mentioned at the start of the thread i know that it is a shot in the dark but would anyone have a record of a Hawker Hurricane aircraft that would of been dug during the year 1981. as i would confidently say that this was the year the aircraft would of been excavated, as i cant think of any other reason why someone would put this date on the relic.

Sorry i have no photos as yet as again for some reason im having difficulty in posting images.

Thank you once again for any help given.

Original post

Member for

13 years 4 months

Thank you scotavia for your reply,
I already have the "Battle of Britain book then and now" guess what im doing tonight.

I was hoping someone on here may of been on a Hurricane dig during 1981, i wouldn't of thought there were to many Hurricane digs during that year as a good majority would of been dug before then'

Im going to try and get an image of the label posted tonight maybe someone might recognise it.

Member for

13 years 4 months

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"my iphone pictures 010a.jpg","data-attachmentid":3865309}[/ATTACH]
Sorry that the image is upside but it now shows the label dated 1981 anyone possibly recognise

Attachments

Member for

13 years 3 months

Carver was dug in March 1981
1940-09-11-Hurricane-N2466-Carver-Goudhurst
So that is a possible.

Member for

18 years 5 months

And sadly there are clusters of parts circulating from illegal digs which make ident tricky. Good luck.

Member for

13 years 4 months

I have found 3 recoveries from 1981

The first one that (Biggles of 266) suggested above

Carver was dug in March 1981
1940-09-11-Hurricane-N2466-Carver-Goudhurst
So that is a possible.

Then the two below came from The Battle of Britain then and now book

Hurricane L1965 shot down Me109s near Percival farm Wrotham
P/O C.D. Francis Killed
Recovered by Steve Vizzard 1981

Hurricane P3276 10 Squadron Crashed Ruskinge Sgt F.G. Berry killed
Recovered by the Kent Battle of Britain Museum/Brenzett Museum 1981

So a shot in the dark but always a possibility

Just a shame that no one can recognise the relic posted on a previous thread below, as i now know its definitely from a Hawker Hurricane as recently ive seen a similar relic in the flesh at the Kent Battle of Britain museum Hawkinge

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-linktype":"1","data-size":"full","title":"my iphone pictures 006.jpg","data-attachmentid":3865654}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

13 years 4 months

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-linktype":"1","data-size":"full","title":"my iphone pictures 008.jpg","data-attachmentid":3865659}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

13 years 4 months

Hi

I came across this thread whilst searching something else and forgot to get back as shortly after purchasing these relics the seller came across the identity that had been misplaced yes it was KM Carver, so the suggestion earlier in the thread was correct.