2 Beaufighters now closer to being airborne

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

7 years 3 months

Here is some great news folks. 2 Beaufighters currently under restoration to fly will hopefully have their engines by the end of the year.

http://www.warbirdsonline.com.au/2019/06/10/beaufighter-engine-restoration-news/

Original post

Member for

14 years

"...an audit and examination...has confirmed the viability of the rebuilding of the initial early series XVII Bristol Hercules required for the HARS project as well as two engines for a European project."

Is that the European project at Duxford then? The article mentions "[the] Bristol Beaufighter project of the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) and Robert Grienert’s Historical Aircraft Restorations Limited", which would be two projects, so does it actually mean three?

"[the] Bristol Beaufighter project of the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) and Robert Grienert’s Historical Aircraft Restorations Limited"

That reads to me as the same project.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Fantastic news. Will be great to see a Beaufighter in the air!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I would speculate the former Skysport Beaufighter 1F and the Duxford example .

Member for

7 years 3 months

1 at Duxford and 1 at Wollongong (Hars)

Member for

20 years 6 months

After all the years of sitting in the corner at Duxford it would be wonderful to see her get some movement and air under her wings.Good luck to them.

Apart from the engines is there still much to be done on the Duxford example?

Member for

7 years 2 months

Could possibly see a Beaufighter in the air in my lifetime, great news then if this includes the Duxford example.
Is there not two examples possible in Aus?

Member for

16 years 2 months

The engine in the auction, Spiteful, if an ex-Bristol Freighter example. And, no, it's a different mark to the ones they require.

Anon.