Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moth prang at Goodwood.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZRX61
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2005

Moth prang at Goodwood.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1765...t/?ref=mr&lp=8
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.
  • DH82EH
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2013

Ahh crap!
    I always hate hearing about misfortunes like this.
    Glad to hear that the crew were able to get out under their own power.
    Best thoughts for their speedy recovery.

Andy

Comment

• Hooligan
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Mar 2017

G-ANLD. Hope its occupants are back to full health quickly and the Tiger likewise.

Comment

• Sabrejet
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2010

When did Goodwood become an airport? I shall book my departure to warmer climes immediately.

Comment

• Paul F
          Retired Lawnmower Racer
          • May 2005

The difference between an 'airfield' (or 'aerodrome') and an 'airport' in UK used to be defined as the latter having Customs facilities, so if Goodwood has Customs facilities then technically it would be defined as an airport. Presence or absence of hard runways, landing aids, busy passenger or freight flight schedules, and fancy passenger terminals with swish boarding jetties etc was a secondary consideration.

So, assuming that definition still applies, and Goodwood has a customs facility available then it can technically be described as an airport.

(Removes pedant hat...)

Comment

• Sabrejet
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Mar 2010

As defined by General Aviation Report (GAR) guidance July 2018, Goodwood only has a Certificate of Agreement (i.e. it is not a Customs & Excise designated airport). Hence my statement - unless it's changed and no-one told us...

Comment

• avion ancien
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Aug 2007

Bring back flying fields!

Comment

• ZRX61
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Paul F View Post
                The difference between an 'airfield' (or 'aerodrome') and an 'airport' in UK used to be defined as the latter having Customs facilities, so if Goodwood has Customs facilities then technically it would be defined as an airport. Presence or absence of hard runways, landing aids, busy passenger or freight flight schedules, and fancy passenger terminals with swish boarding jetties etc was a secondary consideration.

So, assuming that definition still applies, and Goodwood has a customs facility available then it can technically be described as an airport.

(Removes pedant hat...)
                The operative word is *port*

Although with that said, I refer to them all as *the airfield* or just *the field*... including LAX.
                If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                X