17 years 6 months

Well that one slipped in under the radar

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5056196/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFwvSj8cdS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JARn16yojbQ

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

That looks really good from the clips.Just not heard of Hula .

Member for

17 years 6 months

Appears to be a US streaming service, but as it has the Good Doctor on there, hopefully it will equate to it being sold to other channels such as Sky.

Member for

17 years 6 months

Further to that it appears Channel 4 have picked it up

https://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/catch-22/

Latest/Next UK Season: Mini
Latest/Next UK TV Air Date: No exact date/time - Summer 2019

UK Channel: Channel 4

Country of Origin: USA

Additional Airing Notes:

George Clooney adapts Joseph Heller’s seminal novel as a limited series.

Member for

19 years 1 month

B-25's passed through Duxford on their way home from filming last year and being shown on Channel 4 this year so not exactly under the radar.

Brian

Member for

17 years 6 months

Yours must be calibrated lower than mine then.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Automatically on my "don't bother" list owing to that pillock Clooney being in it.

I honestly can't see how it can improve on the superb acting by the cast of the original film - and 16 B-25s! Won't bother either...

Member for

20 years 8 months

As I was very mildly involved in the production of it, it will not surprise you to know:

1. They (the production team) do not want you taking photos.
2. They do not want you talking about it.
3. George Clooney is very nice in person. Jealousy will get you nowhere!

I cannot vouch for how good it is as I have not yet seen it. I can tell you the sets looked superb in real life and that the adverts on U.S. TV last week were appealing.

I can also tell you that badmouthing anyone or anything says more about you than you do about them.

Hugs n kisses. :-)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":3863008}[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

6 years 3 months

I'm just glad when anyone makes a WWII movie of any type these days. I tell myself before I see it that, 1) Little if any of the machinery shown will be totally accurate (It was 70-plus years ago, for pete's sake!), 2) Movies being made today are inevitably going to reflect today's mores (or else they wouldn't get made in the first place), and 3) It's a movie, or TV series, or whatever, not a documentary.

Movies and TV series don't get made out of the goodness of someone's heart. They get made in the expectation that they will make some money, at least enough to cover production costs. Me? I'm going to break out the popcorn and enjoy this one.

Member for

18 years 10 months

3. George Clooney is very nice in person. Jealousy will get you nowhere!]

It has nothing to do with jealousy, it's his political activism concerning only the parts of the US Constitution that he likes should apply to everyone... & campaigns to take away the rights of people who don't think the way he does.

Member for

20 years 7 months

It starts next week Catch 22 begins on Thursday 20 June at 21:00 BST on Channel 4. Personally i will record it and look forward to seeing it.

Member for

14 years 5 months

I will be watching it - I couldn't care less about the politics of any of the cast. If we all avoided anything that had a participant who's views didn't align with our own we would all have a pretty dull time of it.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Joseph Heller sought to expose aspects of warfare that for centuries have been hidden behind the gung ho facade designed to aid recruiting and suit politcal agendas.

from wiki " His experiences as a bombardier during World War II inspired Catch-22 Heller later said that he "never had a bad officer". In a 1977 essay on Catch-22, Heller stated that the "antiwar and antigovernment feelings in the book" were a product of the Korean War and the 1950s rather than World War II itself. Heller's criticisms are not intended for World War II but for the Cold War and McCarthyism.

I look forward to reactions of the present day audience when this version is shown.

Member for

5 years 7 months

I have greatly enjoyed the book and the film. Overall, I think that Heller explored some pretty bleak situations and moral conflicts. He explained that his combat experience in WW2 was not the basis of Catch-22 and, he had no complaints over his service. However, I feel that his conflict experience is so well explored and detailed in Catch-22 that he was totally aware of the forces in play when he was involved in that War. I suspect that Heller had some personal reason to distance his feelings about his War service, using a degree of ambiguity, despite the fact that he wrote about it in detail. I guess that the fact is, Catch-22 works at many levels and I thank Joseph Heller for writing it.

V