Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psychedelic Monster up for sale....

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DazDaMan
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Aug 2003

Psychedelic Monster up for sale....

I can chip in a fiver.....

https://www.historicandclassicaircra...7k4J-W1o7wEPLw
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic
  • jeepman
    infrequent poster now
    • Apr 2004

Interesting to see The Battle of Britain described as a Hollywood movie......
    JM

Comment

• WebPilot
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2000

I guess it depends on what you define as a "Hollywood" film. BoB was made by United Artists, the firm of Charlie Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks, and now part of MGM so definitely a Hollywood firm... Not actually made in Hollywood (I know, I saw bits of it being filmed at Duxford at age 5 which is probably where my fascination for the period and vintage aviation comes from), but then many Hollywood films aren't.

:-)

Comment

• Lingo Dog
        Rank 3 Registered User
        • Oct 2018

I like the type but remember a near neighbour in my youth mentioning that he detested flying them as he found the sound levels offensive.

Comment

• scotavia
          scotavia
          • Nov 2005

Lingo Dog..at last..a mention of crew comfort, or lack of. Seems to have been way down the list when designs are turned into flying machines, the humans are the bit pushed into the tiny bit left,... noise, heat,cold,vibration and theres more. Sure theres romance in many accounts of flying but little mention of the gut churning, bum numbing hours aloft putting aside the horrors when its a combat flight.

The advert linked shows a complete airframe, is it in parts with Reevers ?
          Last edited by scotavia; 15th May 2019, 08:30.

Comment

• Daniel
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Sep 2009

Scotavia.....the B-25 we have on sale....is as shown in the ad.......where do you gather its in parts from the ad?

Comment

• J Boyle
              With malice towards none
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by scotavia View Post
              Lingo Dog..at last..a mention of crew comfort, or lack of. Seems to have been way down the list when designs are turned into flying machines...
              That's funny, when BoB (the actual battle and film) pilot Vivian Bellamy wrote about the types used in the film, he complimented the B-25s crew comfort, saying something to the effect that the Americans didn't believe in making things harder for crews than they needed to be.

You can read his comments here:
              https://books.google.com/books?id=0l...20film&f=false
              There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

• scotavia
                scotavia
                • Nov 2005

On June 16, 1999 purchased by Rio Grande Aviation in McAllen, TX and was withdrawn from flying and was parted at Franklin, VA during June 1999 until 2007.

On March 31, 2019 Reevers Warbirds, Australia project now offered for sale through brokers Historic & Classic Aircraft Sales Ltd.

So its listed as a project, their listing does not confirm which pictures show current appearance and status.

Comment

• David Burke
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2000

Its in Dutch markings from memory - should be easy to determine what's her current image.

Comment

• scotavia
                    scotavia
                    • Nov 2005

Ohh never mind, I am not in the market for a B25 so my attention has wandered away from another Reevers PR release which continues to lack proof reading as is now common.

Comment

• Hooligan
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Mar 2017

withdrawn from flying and was parked at Franklin, VA
                      Think parted was a typo for parked?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                      X