Looking for Liaison Aircraft contacts in Europe

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 1 month

Hello all. I've run www.Lbirds.com for a number of years and am currently completely rebuilding it on a new platform. I'm really looking to make contacts with Liaison aircraft restorers, maintainers, pilots, and historians in Europe. I'd love to talk to those of you over the pond and also be able to include and promote your efforts on the website.

Original post

Member for

15 years 8 months

I am sure you know about the L-Birds to Normandy events 7, 8, 9th June at St André of the Eure airfield near Evreux
www.l-birds.fr/en/

Member for

16 years 1 month

I am sure you know about the L-Birds to Normandy events 7, 8, 9th June at St André of the Eure airfield near Evreux
www.l-birds.fr/en/

That's partly why I was reaching out. I hadn't seen much of anything about it and a friend mentioned it to me on the phone while we were talking about his Dad who flew as a liaison pilot during the Battle of the Bulge. It sure looks like the European L-bird owners are a bit more cohesive than over here and I'd like to find out more about what they do and where all they are located.
One of my goals for the website is to make it easy for anyone interested in the aircraft and their stories to find a local place to visit.

Member for

20 years 2 months

I will definitively be attending the event at St André as representative of Scramble Magazine. Be sure to find logs and photos in our magazine and on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Scramblemagazine/
I like your inititiative!
Gert Mentink

Member for

15 years 8 months

Will be in France that week, Caen, St Andre and La Ferte Alais. Just hope for good DDay weather.

Member for

16 years 1 month

Just added a blog post related to the liaison aircraft in Normandy here: http://lbirds.com/the-liaison-blog

I'm still interested and looking to see if I can get a contact in Europe that I could work with to get some pictures and a write-up of the D-Day week liaison aircraft gatherings.