Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B-17's Identities ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1batfastard
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2013

B-17's Identities ?

Hi All,
    I currently watch Family At War and there where at least four B-17's in (Series 3 - Ep 44) I assume one was Pink Lady as it had a French registration ? but I was wondering if anybody new the Identity's of the others ?

Geoff.
  • Consul
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Aug 2004

Likely to have been the civil registered I.G.N examples then still at Creil and used for mapping etc. Sally B and others now in preservation later came from that source.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Comment

• 1batfastard
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2013

Hi All,
      Consul - Many thanks for that I have tried several times but to no avail on their owners and identities so could only make assumptions one possibly being Pink Lady, it did cross my mind about SB but was unsure of her arrival date, again many thanks for the info.

Geoff.

Comment

• Consul
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Aug 2004

Geoff

The TV series you mentioned was broadcast before the French B-17s were sold off. All the I.G.N examples carried French civil registrations. You may find the link below of help as it lists all of the B-17s they used and also describes where each ended up.

http://frenchfortresses.canalblog.co.../26839786.html
        "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Comment

• 1batfastard
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2013

Cheers Consul....

EDIT: I just had a quick look and the hanger in one of the pictures looks like the one that was used in the series, I'll check the episode get the registration and check the hanger, many thanks again.

Geoff.
          Last edited by 1batfastard; 12th March 2019, 18:49.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
          X