Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A long shot regarding my Uncle

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neil S
    Rank 4 Registered User
    • Apr 2018

A long shot regarding my Uncle

I realize this is a long shot but I'm seeking any information about my uncle who joined the RAF in 1936 and served until his death in India (in a motor vehicle accident) in 1943

My Father, Wing Commander Warren Schrader who survived, had very little information regarding his brother's service as he was himself involved on active service at the time.

Anyway, here are a few pictures plus a bio from the family archives. Any input welcome. Thanks in advance.

• Neil S
    Rank 4 Registered User
    • Apr 2018

Thank you very much for that Don.

I will check out the ORB's for the relevant Squadrons. I did pay 30 pounds to the Air Force and received the photocopied forms but unfortunately the handwriting is very difficult to decipher apart from the RAF acronyms.
    It does include a list of my Uncle's movements so that will help narrow down the search. Sadly his logbook was never recovered.

I did rediscover an article published in the local paper just after his death and that sheds a bit more light on his service. I was intrigued where the reporter mentions him 'disappearing into the blue' for six months.
    I wondered after all this time if there was a way to find out what he was actually up to.

Anyway, here is the obit plus another pre war photo for general interest.

Thanks again for your input.

Neil

Click image for larger version

Name:	G-L-M-Schrader-Obituary.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	529.1 KB
ID:	3852159

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
    X