Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spitfire MH434 film roles - Dark Blue World?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DazDaMan
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Aug 2003

Spitfire MH434 film roles - Dark Blue World?

I've been a long-time fan of the Czech film Dark Blue World, and I've always known that Spitfire VB EP120 and VIIIc MV154 were used in the flying sequences that were specially-shot for it.

However, a couple of times I've seen mention of MH434 being involved in some capacity - one of which states that she was actually in the Czech Republic, but was not flying due to being unserviceable.

Can anyone back this up? I've never seen a photo of her on the film set, but of course that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic
  • scotavia
    scotavia
    • Nov 2005

Cockpit mock-ups made by Pragues BMZ Air Service supplemented the real Spitfires, only two of which were used in the film. Multiple-Spitfire aerial sequences were either out-takes from Battle of Britain or were cleverly computer-generated. .......EP120 and MV154 flew. Adding to poss confusion is that MH434 flew with Czech pilots in ww2.

Comment

• DazDaMan
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Aug 2003

Of course, they could be referring to the stock footage from Battle of Britain, which MH434 obviously appeared in, but spotting her in the out-takes would be difficult at best.
      Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
      X