Kermit Weeks' Sunderland video-with some great news!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 4 months

https://youtu.be/th1JI90vQtg

Original post

Member for

14 years 5 months

Very interesting and informative - especially about the paperwork issues about making it a self-supporting tourist carrier (all it would take would be Shorts saying Kermit's an approved Sunderland-to-Sandringham-converter).

I was waiting for the announcement of a return to flight, presuming this was the good news - but I must have missed the hint? Was it the talk of a seaplane base?

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 9 months

I'm lost on what the "great news" was as well. As always, though, an enjoyable and informative video.

Member for

17 years 10 months

Hats off to Kermit, I am pretty convinced this aircraft would of been in a much poorer state if not for him purchasing it. I remember it flying at The Great Warbirds Display at West Malling Kent UK and I am sure i did see it fly at another but not sure where also I remeber seeing it flying around the Medway not long after its return to flight.

Member for

16 years 4 months

In the comments it says that she will fly again!

Profile picture for user 1batfastard

Member for

11 years 2 months

Hi All,
Didn't Kermit say at one time he wanted to fit back to full wartime configuration ?

Geoff.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The interior looks just about as I recall it circa 1986 when I went on board during an open day at Chatham Dockyard, where she was moored.

While I hate the fact that she's sat for so long, I can't help looking at the DC4s (? correct terminology) at North Weald, and thinking she's probably better off where she is.

Adrian