Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a couple of pieces back from museum loan today

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZRX61
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2005

Got a couple of pieces back from museum loan today

Clues:

If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.
  • Wyvernfan
    wyvernfan@gmail.com
    • Oct 2007

A nice piece of Stiletto there.
    Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

• jbs
      jbs
      Spitfire Tinkerer
      • Jan 2000

Nice shot of Spitfire PR Mk.XI PA908 which is now at the US Air Force Museum
      John

I Wandered Lonely As A Clown...

Comment

• ZRX61
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • May 2005

The opposite side skin & a valve cover from PA908 was also there, but a previous manager stripped the place & sold a lot of stuff off. None of it was his. I lost an R2800 cylinder & cam ring. Just glad the main wheel wasn't loaned to the place, I still have that
        If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

• MFowler
          Rank 4 Registered User
          • Jan 2018

That, sadly, is the down side and extreme risk you take lending ANYTHING to a museum ... I have a not altogether pleasant history with a nautical museum here in the US. The only real ways you have to protect in your stuff are, 1) Visit it every day, 2) Have a legal agreement that includes steep monetary penalties if they damage or lose your stuff, or 3) Never lend it in the first place.

Comment

• ZRX61
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • May 2005

They also had damn near enough gauges to fit out a B36 cockpit. 2 or 3 were mine

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X