Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graviner Fire Detection System

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windhover
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2014

Graviner Fire Detection System

Help!
    We are soon aiming to install the Fire Detection system on our old lady... (Jet Age Museum Hawker Typhoon 1B Car Door version) but are missing the items in the photo below.
    Any pointers as to where we might acquire an example of each of them would be appreciated. We've been looking for some time, but haven't managed to locate them.
    We have recovered one flame switch from the original firewall; restored, and fitted it to the upper firewall position, but we need another for the lower firewall location.
  • Nicko
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2013

The flame switch might be the same as the one that was used on the Beaufighter firewall. From memory it looks mostly the same, but I don't remember the TB at the top end. Anyway, I have a NOS Beaufighter unit somewhere. I haven't seen it for about 5 years, but I should still have it. I wont be able to rummage through the shed for another 2 to 4 weeks, but I will let you know when I find it.
    Let your soul stand cool and composed before a million universes Walt Whitman
    http://vhjet.com

Comment

• powerandpassion
      Never Be Afraid to Ask
      • Jul 2012

I can send you a Gravity switch and flame switch if you provide postal details and let me sit in the Gamecock for 5 mins if I ever visit the UK...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
      X