Whirlwind project drawings - help needed

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 5 months

Can anyone out there draft good engineering drawings from existing CAD data? I know we have had offers before, if anyone is reading this who has already offered please get in touch again, with apologies - your offer was sincerely appreciated and now we are ready to take you up on it!

We have a virtual WW tail that we are ready to start building for real as a next phase after the rear fuselage, but it urgently needs the drawings produced as a CAD model alone doesn't help our friendly neighborhood aeroplane builders. It's a bit laborious and time consuming, Gunnar can't do them as well as the actual virtual build as fast as they are going to be required going forward.

If anyone can potentially help I will put them in direct contact with Gunnar who can furnish the technical details. Thanks!

Original post

Member for

20 years 4 months

Hi Matt,

I'd gladly offer help, but I'm already supporting two other aircraft projects with CAD drawings!

Member for

16 years 11 months

some time ago we posted a request on the Do-It website and we got another CAD driver to assist us in addition to the Ste(i)rling help from Tempest V above. Worth an ask https://do-it.org/

John

Member for

19 years 3 months

Remember i have an original whirlwind windscreen unit for swaps!

Member for

14 years 5 months

Was it still a P-51 screen you were after for it? Eyes still peeled!

John, I'll use that site - thanks for that tip-off!

Matt

Member for

19 years 3 months

Yes indeed Matt. Easier to get than a Whirly screen!