Spotted 2019

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

U2 on climb out while I was outside waiting for the dog to poop... (he's suffering stage fright owing to a pair of rather territorial swallows)

Member for

8 years 8 months

[QUOTE='lectra;n3862946]G-BJST Wacky Wabbit and (Silver) friend, operating from the new Rolls Royce hangar in EMA.

I've just seen the RR Spit get airborne for the second time today too.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was wacky wabbit! Couldn't understand why they would be up around here though so that makes sense!
Never saw the RR Spit though :(

Member for

15 years 11 months

3 Biggin spits up in north Kent yesterday evening for a photo shoot. Very nice.

Member for

17 years 6 months

I thought it was wacky wabbit! Couldn't understand why they would be up around here though so that makes sense!
Never saw the RR Spit though :(

They are using them as tailwheel trainers for the Spit, remember the kettle has been grounded for nearly 4 years with issues, so they need to get the pilots back into the swing of things.

P47, P51 & 2x F15 just passed Stradishall heading West

Member for

14 years 7 months

Over Studland Bay, near Bournemouth was a Chipmunk and Cub in the near perfect blue sky on Saturday. Then yesterday over Thame,Oxon was the Historic Army Aircraft Flight with the Auster AOP9 in formation with the Beaver and a little ahead was the Westland Scout.

Member for

18 years

A Westland Gazelle, in red/white livery, on a Lorry heading north on the M6 at Thelwall, 18:15 last night, didn't catch identity, I was heading south, any ideas what/where etc please?

Sitting outside the White Bear near Biggin watching the old Flying Eye in the circuit... ah, 30 something hears ago Spencer Flack, Bryan Wolfe and breakfast with Capital Radio.

Was outside the airport cafe earlier with a coffee. T-6 G-CTKL took off as did Spitfire G-AVAV: the last time I was actually on the airfield and saw a genuine non airshow warbird takeoff was probably 1982 when Stephen Grey departed in the Bearcat a week or so after the Air Fair. Moose the Mustang wouldn't start as I recall.

Member for

14 years 7 months

DeHaviland Beaver from the Army Historic flight over Blackbush 17:23 01/06/2019

Member for

24 years 3 months

Silver and yellow Harvard doing circuits of North Oxford - presumably over St Edward's School (Big RAF connections) - rather more interestingly, it then did a couple over the Cumnor area.

ADRian

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yesterday evening for a few mins from 5:23pm a Spitfire was up in the blue, glimpsed fleetingly through broken cloud, above Gunby E.Lincs.

C.

Member for

18 years 11 months

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/61627655_596084520887861_9076284787244662784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeGbZvcHQmGgMllbykisaJ3DalNvIkqsvqzP_knV1MFf04qSDP1mKMavglgO9mAq6dVUBgnWNIaTcBioAXE0IdmuZdrh_mHzPQEb-e_gBEUolQ&_nc_pt=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=2a58ce1c16b47da9fdb455cb46c37611&oe=5D8FD906

Member for

24 years 3 months

Lordy, that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! I guess these/this (don't know how many there are) are the only flying representatives of the Canberra these days?

Adrian

Member for

18 years 11 months

Lordy, that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! I guess these/this (don't know how many there are) are the only flying representatives of the Canberra these days?

Adrian

Two flyers for sure, maybe three.

Member for

5 years 11 months

Spitfire HF IXe G-CGYJ (TD314) and one other, possibly Spitfire, flying north at 2,000ft, 244kts Twyford, Berkshire. Come from the channel according to Flightradar 24, heading to Duxford possibly. Julian

Member for

18 years 11 months

Black Dorito did a couple of passes yesterday. :)

Member for

17 years 11 months

Grumman F8F Bearcat from Duxford just circled the A12 Hatfield Peverel Essex, now off heading South, lovely sight and sound

Member for

20 years 2 months

Invasion striped RAF Dakota just flown over Warwick - any idea which one? I'm assuming BBMF.