Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotted 2019

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trolly Aux
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • May 2006

C130 way up heading NW , unusual over my way, just passing E of Chelmsford City
    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
    TA out

Comment

• cabbage
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jun 2011

2 F-35's currently flying low circuits over Lincoln and Waddington. (noisy Blighters). 1st time I've ever seen them in the "flesh".

Comment

• Max Skylon
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Hooligan View Post
        Max, it was probably the Boultbee Tr.IX G-ILDA - somebody enjoying an extended jolly out of Goodwood.

G-ILDA, should be based in Radnor...
        Thanks Hooligan, you are right, I spotted it again a couple of days ago the sun glinting off both cockpit canopies !

Comment

• Hooligan
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Mar 2017

Three Swiss Air Force PC-9s separately SE over South Croydon this morning at 17000'. Each aircraft probably accompanied by two others judging by the unsynchronised sound! Caught a glimpse of one glinting in the sunlight so if they were formations it was all pretty loose.

Edit: Yep, 9 ship Swiss AF Aerobatic team on way home from Sunderland.
          Last edited by Hooligan; 29th July 2019, 11:03.

Comment

• ZRX61
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • May 2005

SOFIA came home from the NZ visit... NASA"s white ER-2 was doing circuits & bumps earlier, Just came out of maint.

Last edited by ZRX61; 29th July 2019, 20:31.
            If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

• ZRX61
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • May 2005

If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

• Bradburger
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jan 2000

The Silver Spitfire (G-IRTY) in formation with PC-12 support plane and a chopper doing filming, bang overhead about ten to two this afternoon.

Lovely!

Cheers

Paul
                The most usless commodity in aerobatics is the amount of sky above you!

Comment

• Hooligan
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Mar 2017

Nice one and good luck to them!

Coming the other way, I've just noticed Comanche 250 ZK-BAZ looking like its inbound Wick from Reykjavik - apparently Barry and Sandra on a leisurely round the world flight - lucky people!

Comment

• Hooligan
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Mar 2017

Just seen a small black dot zotting along in the distance which appears to be Staggerwing N18028 - more or less following the M25 westwards towards Guildford,

Comment

• pimpernel
                      Warbirds, keep em flying
                      • Jan 2000

Late afternoon while walking the dog I could see a large twin engine aircraft with landing lights on about 2-300 feet skimping over the trees.
                      It was going south towards Ware, Herts and Iooked like the BBMF Dakota.

I looked quickly on flight radar and it was not tracked but, the direction it was flying there were no displays shown in the south of the country nor could I find transit plans or times.

Are there more Daks with the distinct rear fuselage hoops and roundels flying in the UK or did I really see the BBMF one? I know Drag-em-oot flew into NW but this has US markings.
                      The BBMF Dak could have been diverted of course but to which airfield?

Anyone else spot this at about 16.15 - 16.30ish?
                      Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.

Comment

• adrian_gray
                        Which idiot let HIM in?
                        • Jan 2000

Late afternoon yesterday something unusually noisy came low over Kidlington - going past the airport rather than to it. By the time we'd worked out where it was (sound echoing off houses...), all I could see was a speck that looked as though it might have tip tanks. The only thing I thought of at the time is a T33, but I didn't think there were any flying in the UK. Jet Provost perhaps? Bright ideas welcomed!

Adrian
                        "Snow clearing equipment has been found under snowdrift" - message sent from RNAS Hatston, Orkney, 1944.

Comment

• James R
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Jun 2016

10 minutes ago over Watlington, Oxon, certainly one Martin Baker Meteor in lovely tight formation with possibly their second one (if they still have two?) from the direction of Chalgrove towards Benson.
                          Lovely sight and sound. Going too fast for positive ID of second jet.

Comment

• Propstrike
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Mar 2004

Watch out for an L29 heading St Athan to North Weald some time today.

Comment

• Trolly Aux
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • May 2006

Yellow Stearman doing wing-overs just over The Crix Hatfield Peverel Essex 11.20hrs
                              SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                              TA out

Comment

• Hooligan
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Mar 2017

Been a while since I've been over Biggin Hill way so it was nice to see and hear Spitfires G-AIDN and G-BMSB albeit from several miles away.

Comment

• Trolly Aux
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • May 2006

Sally B B17 just over flown me E of Boreham disused heading S, Biggin ?

EDIT: She just popped up on FR24 looks to be heading over to the Kent coast still South 11.46
                                  Last edited by Trolly Aux; 16th August 2019, 10:46.
                                  SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                  TA out

Comment

• SLoB
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Jan 2013

Sally B was over Braintree at c. 11:30. Presumably on her way to Roskilde (DK) where she is scheduled to fly in airshow this weekend (according to her website programme).

Comment

• Trolly Aux
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • May 2006

Thank you SLoB, I look forward to her return
                                      SMOKE SMOKE GO!
                                      TA out

Comment

• ThreeM
                                        Rank 4 Registered User
                                        • Aug 2017

Thought I was caught in a time warp today - saw a DC-10 in the direction of RAF Brize Norton and a couple of hours later, whilst working in Carterton, watched it depart. Didn't know anyone still operated them, at least for passenger carrying.

Comment

• Hooligan
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Mar 2017

Royal Netherlands AF KC-10? I noticed it on ADSB in that area at some point in the last couple of days.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X