Breeze Connectors

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 2 months

Breeze connectors come up from time to time as a topic of discussion, usually along the lines of "can anyone help with item/reference/description", etc.

While sorting through some reference material, I've discovered a list of standard Breeze plugs and accessories, as of 1953 but probably applicable both before and after this date. The description includes Stores Ref, maker's reference, plug or socket, single or bulkhead, shell size, number of poles at various amps, etc, with some illustrations.

Lots of pages, but if there's enough interest, I'll scan it and upload it to the forum?

Apologies for contravening the Forum's unwritten rules by not mentioning "Spitfire" or the dog's name.

Original post

Member for

13 years 4 months

HI

I would like to see it too please!

I'm very much into restoring and getting WWII electronics kit working and so I need lots of working, usuable Breeze connectors. I just can't get them so I'm going to model what I need in 3D and get the connectors 3D 'printed'. I already have one modern electrical pin and socket that suit and hopefully I should only need one more type. To that end, drawings of the connectors would be very useful.

Cheers
James

Member for

11 years 10 months

I would also be very pleased to see this document!
Many thanks,
Andy

Member for

17 years 5 months

Count me in for a copy. I asked a question on the forum about 3 weeks ago on this subject.

Member for

16 years 2 months

Yes, AM, such a document would help unravel a host of aeronautical complexities in this department, I'm sure. I have quite a lot of n.o.s. stuff myself, if anyone needs anything. I'm not too familiar with the terminology so pictures are better than part numbers :-)

Member for

16 years 1 month

We have the same problem with breeze connectors as they always seem to be jammed on or corroded on, a guide would be helpful in sourcing replacements

Member for

11 years

Hi Alan. I would appreciate a copy. In the Australian single-seat Vampire parts book, usually, the part numbers only are called out. Thanks.

I would like a copy too, please. :)

Member for

16 years 2 months

I wouldn't usually get out of bed for less than twenty positive responses but seeing as it is Christmas, here y'all go....

Member for

16 years 2 months

Next bit...

I'll do the Accessories in due course.

Attachments

Member for

17 years 11 months

Thank you so much for sharing :)

Member for

16 years 11 months

Thanks Alan

timely and useful Christmas Prezzie :)

John

Thank you very much for posting. :)
Merry Christmas & all the best for 2019.

Member for

10 years 2 months

Thank you Alan. A much-needed reference document.
Happy Christmas!

Member for

13 years 7 months

Thank you very much for your efforts to put this up!