Spitfire flight resale price

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

6 years 7 months

Hi. One of my friends recently won a Spitfire flight but was not able to take up the opportunity. The providers have said he can keep it or sell it, but he is not sure what kind of price he would be selling for. How much do you think it would go for?
It is a standard Spitfire flight, 20 minutes, not sure which Spitfire it is in as he did not know.

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

Just check their website for the price and take it from there. Personally I would charge face value or below

Member for

15 years

He could auction it ?, but obviously put a reserve of what the least he’d let it go for and then anything it makes above that figure would be a bonus.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Even if he sells it for below the face value, he's still money ahead since he won it in the first place.

Personallty, I'd sell it at a discount to a OAP veteran or enthusiast who otherwise would not be able to afford it.
Not everything is about maximizing one's return.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Current price for a 20 min flight (30 min in total) is around £2750...

Member for

17 years

I’d personally auction it and give all the proceeds to a charity of choice.

that way many many people benefit

FB

Member for

11 years 11 months

If he is a good friend, he may have a christmas present for you......

Member for

20 years 6 months

Why can't he use it ,can it not be booked for a time to suit him/her ? I think looking around for someone who really deserves it would be a lovely idea .

Member for

24 years 2 months

There are some height/weight/health restrictions that have to be met - maybe he cannot do so?

Member for

6 years 7 months

Thanks to all that replied. I'll ask him about giving it to someone who otherwise would not be able to afford it.

Member for

20 years

Or simply donate it to The RAF Benevolent Fund and they can either find a deserving party or auction it to raise funds to spread support this Xmas?

Member for

6 years 6 months

Seeing as he won it there isnt much money to loose, if anything, so I'd say like others to donate it to the RAF Benevolent Fund.